[07] no condoms

do let me know if the storyline feels a bit rushed, yk, the whole taekook drama 😰

*:・゚✧

"do you wanna talk about it?"

jeongguk sat on the floor with his back against the wall across the closed door. he heard a few knocks on the door but had no intention of getting up to open up the door.

"guk? please?" a muffled voice whispered. "what's wrong?" the doorknob repeatedly twisted and turned.

she leaned her head against the door, listening to jeongguk's soft cries.

she took deep breath and tried again, "jeongguk. open up the door and we'll talk about it, okay? i want to know what's wrong."

"please, gukkie, don't keep it all to yourself." she said in a comforting soft voice.

slowly, jeongguk got up and opened up the door for her. as soon as he did, somin pulled him in for a hug, her chin rested on his sharp shoulder.

somin didn't say anything and just patted his back comfortingly. jeongguk didn't hug back and let his arms flayed on his sides, which somin thought was a bit saddening because he'd always loved it when she gave him hugs especially when either of them was feeling down.

"do you have something to tell me, gukkie?"
she softly asked, hand gently running up and down on the boy's back. "i'm all ears."

jeongguk pulled away from the hug and shook his head. he wiped off the tears from his eyes and smiled. "i-i'll be okay. s-school's been kinda stressful."

somin nodded understandably and smiled back. she ruffled his hair playfully and chuckled. "really? is that why you're crying?"

"y-yeah. i- i just feel so exhausted and unmotivated." jeongguk said, looking down to his feet and hoping that somin would actually buy his little story. "which rarely ever happens, you know —"

"yeah cause you love dancing so much." somin cut him off, patting his head. "trust me gguk, i know how it feels like. i used to cry when i get tired from doing my job too- no matter how much i actually enjoy doing it. it happens, okay?" jeongguk replied with a nod and a small smile. "god, i fucking hate how emotional i am." he added, giggling with tears still in his eyes.

"it's okay ggukie, just own it!" somin laughed, pinching his cheeks. "oh and guess what? i bought you your favourite banana milk today!"

jeongguk chuckled softly and pulled somin for a quick hug before waddling his way to the kitchen, smiling happily.

somin watched him from behind and smiled to herself. she was about to walk to the kitchen to join jeongguk when her phone, which was in her hand, rang.

taehyung.

"h-hey somin." the familiar deep voice rang into somin's ear.