[25] hope

will proofread later.

*:・✧

jeongguk slowly opened his eyes, finally waken up from his deep sleep. he had turned off the alarm for school about 3 hours ago, very much intending to skip.
today was just not it.

as he carefully lifted up his head from the pillow, he was immediately struck by a throbbing headache, mainly at the back of his head. jeongguk gasped a little and laid his head back down.

his eyes felt so puffy, and he was having a slightly hard time to fully open his eyes even though the room was still dark as the dark blue curtains were shut.

jeongguk wondered if somin realised that he never got up for school before she left for work.

he took his phone from the nightstand and started to search for eunbi's contact in his phone. he pressed the call button, and waited for her to pick up while still lying down flat on the bed.

she answered after a few rings,

"hey, what's up? you okay?"

jeongguk sighed softly, and shut his eyes. "yeah, i'm okay, just didn't feel like going to school today."

"you say that almost every single day but you still would show up anyway, what makes it different today?" eunbi chuckled.

"just a bad headache." jeongguk simply replied. "i just called to ask if, uh, you saw yugyeom today?"

"yeah, i saw him earlier, why?"

jeongguk relaxed a little, knowing yugyeom got home safely last night under the hard rain as there was no text from him this morning— which was a little weird since yugyeom never failed to text jeongguk at precisely around 8 - 9 am everyday.

well, jeongguk could've just texted him first but he was being himself, too timid sometimes.
it was 10 am when jeongguk woke up.

"it's nothing, thanks. i'll see you tomorrow, bye!" jeongguk ended the call so quickly after he said that that he accidentally cut eunbi's words but she's probably used to it now.

jeongguk placed his phone on the nightstand and sat up. after staying on the bed for a few more minutes, he got off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

the doll had to drag his feet to get to the bathroom as his whole body felt sore. closing the door behind him, jeongguk stood in front of the wide mirror on the wall and stared at himself.

that was when he saw all the marks taehyung had left on his pale skin, and jeongguk thought they looked angry. he traced the bruised skin lightly with his fingertips, examining the marks closely.

jeongguk turned on the tap water and washed his face, brushed his teeth, and then took a warm shower afterwards.

everything's alright.

"why are you not at school?" somin took a seat across the table, munching on a tuna sandwich that she bought from the convenience store downstairs. she handed a sandwich to jeongguk who looked tired and sleepy as fuck, from all the movies he binge watched throughout the entire day.