Scars

As we were climbing the stairs to Fresh's "throne room", Mordecai turned towards me.

"Are you nervous?'

'Terrified.'

"Why? It's just to meet him."

'After what I did last night, there's no way he won't punish me, right?'

"(Y/N), He gave me a free mind, that's the most he can do to help you, if you were to be punished, why would he give me a free mind in the first place?"

'Well-' I stopped. He did make sense. If I were to be executed, there's no point giving Mordecai a free mind. Same if I were to be corrupted, in those situations, a free mind would be just... unreasonable. If he were to kill Mordecai, why would he give him a free mind first? At first I thought: "to make sure that when he dies, I'll be more distraught" but then I quickly erased that possibility. Was he really going to let me go unpunished? But even so, I quickly erased that possibility too.

'You're right"

"I'm always right"

'No you're not, you thought carrots grew from trees until you were fourteen.

"I wonder if Fresh's awake now."

'DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT KAI'

"Ahem. I wonder if Fresh's awake now."

I sighed. 'What time is it?'

"It's uh... 11."

'PM or AM?'

"AM.'

'Ah. He probably is then, but then again, it's hard to guess.'

When we walked onto the roof, I held onto Mordecai's shoulder for support as the wind shot right through me. Even though it was supposed to be the early afternoon, the sky was still dark, so Fresh wouldn't be woken up by the non-existent morning sun. I fell asleep wearing the same clothes as yesterday, they didn't do much against the wind, but then I realised that unlike the Corrupted that first took me to Fresh's "Throne Room", Mordecai actually froze in place, gripping me for support too. We hung onto each other as a particularly strong gale blew through us, before we started slowly moving. I looked up at the towering Amps, which gazed back down at me like stone judges. Though, I couldn't see Fresh anywhere. Where was he?

Then, the wind died down, and we could finally hear our surroundings.

Coming from "seat" of the amp "Throne", was the sound of a man snoring.

"Did he fall asleep up there? Isn't he afraid of catching a cold?" I exclaimed, confused and shocked. "And... how do we get up?"

'Beats me.' Mordecai mumbled. We just looked at each other before we decided to ascend the towering amps. He was gotta be at least 20 feet up.

"Fuck it." I mumbled as I grabbed the edge of an Amp and started ascending the wall.

All of the amps that formed Fresh's "Throne" were about the size of a full grown man, so no doubt that it proved extremely difficult. I felt myself having to use muscles I never knew I even had in order to haul myself up the cliffside of the Amp mountain, before reaching down and helping Mordecai pull himself up. Then, the cycle repeats with me climbing onto Mordecai's shoulders, getting onto the amp edge and pulling Mordecai up. After what seemed like an infinite amount of Climbing and Pulling, we finally reached our destination - where a Sleeping man was sprawled out across a section of the large amplifier.

It baffles me how stupidly courageous Fresh was, right now, my knees were trembling as I gripped onto Mordecai's shoulders for support (and him with mine). Not from the climb, I used mainly my arms, but rather from the sheer height. I looked down, and I almost fell over. Don't. Look. Down.