Quartet - Lycanthropy

When they realised that Prochorus had leapt into the void after them, it was already too late. They were already surrounded by darkness, suspended by nothing. The only way out was to Face Prochorus himself.

They all glared at each other in horror.

Then the music started.

A drum beat started playing, and the four of them knew that it was leading up to something. Something big that they probably wouldn't like.

Out of nowhere, four spiked walls surrounded them in quick succession, trapping them in place.

Then, the wall at the bottom suddenly disappeared as waves of thick, pink magma formed, crashing onto the sides.

And then Prochorus suddenly emerged from the sea of pink like Aphrodite's birth. The four didn't even have time to react before the boy started prancing around, twirling with his hands raised in the air. He leapt accordingly to the beat, but with every step he took, pink foamy particles started rising into the air, forming a chaotic web of snow that kept on rising and rising. It was like Art of War, but much, much more chaotic with the snow rising a bit too fast for their preferences.

Then, he leapt up, rolled his knees up to his nose, and dive-bombed into the lava.

None of them were expecting the sheer height of the Tsunami caused by him, rising up to unprecedented heights. None of them managed to dodge it. Limbs were lopped off as they frantically flew around, eyes scanning the perimeters for any danger.

And there was.

Water splashed everywhere as a figure leapt out of the lava, rebounding off walls and ready to steamroll the four to death. It was shaped just like Prochorus, but just different. The Corrupted Prochorus had light pink skin and a torn up Black Shirt underneath a ragged, torn pink jacket, but the Prochorus' that leapt out of the water were completely pink. Skin, shirt, everything. Everything was pink. It almost seemed to glow a pink aura, like it wasn't even a physical entity, more like a projection than anything else. The only thing that wasn't pink were his eyes, which bled black liquid, a stain of ink on its otherwise pure pink form.

Huh. Pretty easy enough.

But suddenly, another appeared out of the water. An exact carbon copy of the first one, with the exact same movements, appearance, everything. This was definitely not the real Prochorus. And the two of them, together, started ricocheting off the walls at alarming speeds and extreme unpredictability.

Then came another.

And another.

Four Prochorus-like silhouettes danced around like balls in a game of Pong, in such an unpredictable manner that even though they focused on as many as they could, they'd always end up losing another limb. It was Chaos.

And just when they thought that was gonna be the end of it, they heard a loud splash come from behind them.

While Lumina was staring confusedly at what could've caused the splash, she felt something bang into her.

"WATCH OUT!" Pi screamed as she tacked her sibling, propelling the two shapes out of the way of a falling, pink Triangle that descended from the spiked ceiling. It splashed into the lava, with waves echoing through the magma. She looked over and saw that Quin was having the same issues.

"This is just like Dubwoofer Substep." Lumina said, eyeing the roof for the next Triangle about to fall, while also being conscious of the four Prochorus' bouncing about like hyperactive children. Another layer of beats were added, which the Triangles dropped down accordingly with. After getting through Dubwoofer Substep, at this point all four knew how to handle the falling spikes from the ceiling. But with the four duplicates, things proved a bit harder.