Quartet - The Art of War

On an isolated island in the west, the wisps of smoke from a campfire vanished in the wind, carrying a smoky odour through the air. Whether it was morning or night, nobody could tell. The figures sitting around the campfire, however, took no notice of the smoke that began to singe at their nostrils. There were four in total, each one looking nothing like the other, but still holding a deep, sibling-like bond. One, the youngest, was a ginger-haired person with his hair up in a bun and an undershave, and he had a few bruises here and there, mainly hidden under his orange hoodie. He had little Suspenders that lay beside his hips. His headphones had an Orange Circle design. He stared into the dancing flames as they tickled the air above it, unblinking with blank eyes. He was hungry. Sleeping against his shoulder was a girl, blonde, cropped hair parted down the middle, There were deep gashes along her arms from the fall, though her dress stayed relatively okay. It was a V-neck with Witch-like, triangular, spiked sleeves. The dress itself stopped at her knees, with black shorts underneath. Her headphones had a Yellow Triangle design. By the look on her face, she looked like she was having some sort of nightmare, which her human pillow responded with gentle strokes across her hair. One figure laid down sprawled across the grass, a man this time, one that looked slightly older than the rest. He had green bangs that were cut at an angle that was shaped like a V towards the middle of his forehead, and out of everyone he was wearing the least amount of clothing, just a simple black crop top and black shorts. They were cut in a way that a Pentagon was shaped in the middle of his abdomen. He also wore green fingerless gloves, with a pentagon-shaped hole in them revealing the back of his hand. His headphones had a green pentagon design. Finally, the last shape, sitting opposite the Orange Circle, was a young figure with straight, cropped, cyan coloured bangs covering their forehead. They wore overalls over a Blue T-shirt and Black pants that stopped at the calves, along with a scarf that they held tightly against themself. They looked towards the shore, towards the moonlight dancing across the surface of the sea, almost as if they were searching for something. The design on their headphones - a Blue Square.

"Tetra?" The Green Pentagon sat up, leaning against a tree trunk for support. He hurt his back in the fall, he could still stand, though it sort of hurts him. "You okay?"

Tetra, the Blue Square, simply grunted as they continued to stare at the sea. They dislocated their shoulder, so the pain might be what's causing them to ignore everyone.

"Quin, you know how Tetra's feeling about Trist, just leave them. We're all miserable." The Orange Circle mumbled, quietly as if not to disturb his sister sleeping against his shoulder.

'Okay.' Quin sighed as he leaned back.'

When that pink monster broke out of the cave, Trist, their friend, ran out carrying all four of them while screaming bloody murder. But after losing him yet again after their battle with the same monster - this time absorbing a part of the Tree of Life, they were blasted onto a faraway island, isolated from the rest of the world. It did have some signs of human interactivity, but it still looked relatively abandoned and isolated. It should've killed them, the fall, but it didn't. And Tetra watched helplessly as Trist floated away from reach, past the horizon as Corrupted beasts sprang out from the sea, separating the two, Trist clutching onto a tree trunk while helplessly waving goodbye. And being afraid of Water, Tetra felt helpless as they reached after him in vain.

They'll never admit it, but Tetra missed him. A lot.

Trist was someone extremely important to Tetra, after years and years of protecting the helpless little boy from his bullies, even though Trist was two years older, Tetra has grown quite attached. Now, they can read his mind, can sense when he's feeling sad or uncomfortable, and often acts as a spokesperson for him.