It's not Over

Next update's going to take a little while - Exam week's next week

"Wait... So why don't I remember any of this?" Mordecai finally said after what felt like hours of him being silent. I spent the last hour or so explaining to him just what happened during the period of time he was corrupted. About Fresh, about the Quartet, about everything. I don't know how I was supposed to explain his presence to the orphanage staff in the morning, about why there was a guy who obviously still had both parents inside the building after hours. But oh well - as long as he's out of here by 7 AM, he snuck in through a window that I opened and we were talking in a corner where I knew that we would be undisturbed. I sniffed and wiped a tear away.

'You don't remember anything from when you're corrupted when you're purified again.' I remembered Fresh's words. 'Even if he gave you free will - You still won't remember a thing.'

"O...kay..." Mordecai's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to comprehend everything.

"Mordecai?"

'Yeah?'

"This may sound extremely creepy and weird but... I've never been happier to see that your hair's purple and skin's dark brown."

Out of context, that sentence would've sounded extremely wrong. But Mordecai, knowing that when he was Corrupted his skin and hair were pink, just smiled.

"So... let me just get this straight one final time - I got turned into a zombie, I-"

'You got Corrupted.'

"I got Corrupted, turned into a zombie, then you smashed a mug against this 'Fresh' guy's head, I got free will, and shit happened, you two kissed, Tetra and the others killed him and now you're depressed."

'...Yeah. That's about the gist of it...'

"Okay. Okay." Mordecai stared out the nearby window. "If I didn't know you any better, I would say that you were probably making all this up."

'I'm not.'

"I know. You got a phone, you got a necklace, et cetera, but I'm still... Wow. Girl, what is your life? You have pictures?"

'Actually... I do...' I muttered as I took out my phone and showed him a couple pictures of not only Fresh, but Barracuda and even pictures of Mordecai himself that he never remembered being in. He was quite surprised to see his skin such a light colour of pink when it was naturally so dark.

"Oh shit he's hot."

'Exactly my thoughts.'

"Girl, I'm jealous, damn, and he's got a nice ass as well!"

'I know right!' I actually smiled for the first time in what felt like forever. Mordecai never fails me in that aspect.

But our conversation was soon interrupted by the sound of footsteps and we both instantly went silent. We were prepared to see a middle aged woman walking in and yelling at us, but relaxed when we realised that it was just Lumina. In the moonlight, I almost mistook her for Trinity. I recalled that her and Tetra's hair grew in length when they... well, transformed, I guess, but Lumina's hair had gone back to her normal shade of bright yellow and either the hair lost itself naturally or she cut it herself. She looked tired and might've been crying. She stopped mid-step upon seeing Mordecai and I sitting there. I swallowed. She was one of the people who mercilessly killed him. It took everything within me to calm myself down and not cave her face in. I almost saw red despite the peaceful white light flooding in through the window.

"...What're you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms.

'What're you doing here?'