Fresh - Long Live the New Fresh

Yo check out the previous chapter btw, added a little illustration

They all say that when you die, your physical form just vanishes, while your soul, your consciousness stays intact. They all say it feels like you're floating through nothingness, for the rest of eternity, having nothing but your own thoughts to accompany you.

Well, what they all say must be true then.

Because ever since the day Radius died, his soul has been floating through the abyss with no aim whatsoever. It was like he was just dumped into the ocean, floating through it for the rest of eternity. The void was cold and lonely, but he had gotten used to it by now. Radius was just empty, blank eyes staring into nothingness.

Radius... He heard his name. His ears perked up for a moment, but dismissed it. Auditory hallucinations have become the norm for him. His tanned skin and white toga were now nothing more, His entire body was like a ghost, devoid of colour, devoid of substance. All his colour had been drained while his outlines were all grey. He was dead.

Radius... There it was again. Over here...

The boy didn't know what was making that noise, but when he perked his head up, he saw light. His eyes widened. None of the hallucinations gave off light. What was this? Until it began to take form. Music played. The form of a line of pink circles hurling themselves at him.

Dodge... The voice called out again. Now at this point, Radius' soul immediately realised what was going on. At first he ignored it, thinking it was just another hallucination, but when it collided with him, he yelled out. It felt like an electric shock. Pain? After so long feeling numb he was low-key glad, it was like seeing a blinding light after spending months in darkness. What if this wasn't a hallucination? Hallucinations aren't supposed to give you pain! So immediately, he started to dodge. Moving through the void, which he hasn't tried for a long time, was like swimming through water extremely quickly. He floated in-between the particles, only to see a familiar white light. He thought it was Trinity, but as he grew closer, it was just a white triangle the size of his palm. A part of him still wondered if it was still a hallucination, but the other part reached out and touched it. And to his surprise, it was solid. This was definitely not a hallucination. The moment he touched it, a bright white light filled his vision, and when everything cleared, more pink matter stood in his way. But that wasn't what he was focusing on right now.

He... felt... things...

After floating in the void for what felt like forever with no physical form, Radius felt empty. He had no emotions, it was like he was as empty as the void itself. He couldn't even feel sensation, if he were to touch his arm, for example, he wouldn't feel it. But now, Radius actually felt something. He touched his arm, and he swore he felt something on his arm. It was very faint, but something was there. And he even felt emotion, albeit extremely weakly. That Triangle game him back his substance. He started to see his outlines fill themselves up with colour, just with a very low opacity. He smiled. He needed more of those triangles. Looking at the pink matter in front of him, there were pink circles that appeared and exploded into little chunks that flew out into different directions.

"That pink's the same pink as Father's headphones..." He thought to himself.

Watching the pattern, Radius eventually found a trajectory rate that could just work if he went fast enough. And to his surprise, he did, and another little triangle appeared. Thinking that it bought the same sensation that the first one bought, he immediately reached for it, and he was right. When the white light that flooded his vision dissipated, he felt more emotion, more sensation. Breathing in, he slowly felt more confident. A pattern slowly started to form, Radius would get a triangle, be transported into a new location with new pink obstacles, only to have another white triangle be waiting for him on the other side of it all. And with each new Triangle, more sensation would return to his body. But then he came across an obstacle that just a solid wall. He blinked for a moment, but the voice came again.