(Y/N) - Caught

Fresh glared at the unconscious, unresponsive body of a beautiful young woman in his arms, wondering what the fuck just happened.

He was just coming back from a little outing, getting some fresh air to clear his mind and calm himself down after that horrible, horrible nightmare, when he all of a sudden heard a strange, faint shrieking noise coming from high up on his tower. He looked up in curiosity, only to see a small dot plummet to the ground at an alarming speed, descending from the clouds. He blinked for a second and immediately panicked once he realised who it might be.

All of the Corrupted could land gracefully on their feet leaping from any height. And they certainly should not be screaming like this, even Mordecai wouldn't, he's learnt how to keep silent as he leapt from bone-breaking heights.

And (Y/N) was the only uncorrupted person in his tower.

"(Y/N)!!!" He shrieked as he started sprinting, heartbeat echoing through his eardrums as the pressure of saving her squeezed at his chest. He needed to save her before she ended up in a bloody pulp at the base of his tower.

His treasured Butterfly dead next to his treasured Tower.

He ran faster.

Fresh, just as his right foot had touched the ground, strained his leg muscles and ejected himself up into the air. He leapt high into the air like a wild cat, wild in his hair. His heartbeat still had not left his eardrums.

Then the figure descending towards him fell silent, and his heart jolted. Is she okay?

The panic in his heart sent him shooting up faster.
He reached out his arms, ready to catch her as she descended closer and closer to him. Until eventually, they met.

The collision made fresh fall about 10 meters or so, knocking the wind out of his body with a strained "Oof". It was a perfect catch, she landed right in his arms. (Y/N), stared up at the sky with a terrified look swirling around in her (E/C) eyes, pupils shaking from the trauma. Her chest was rising and falling so rapidly He almost thought that it was gonna burst.

"...(Y/N)?"

She didn't respond. After a few seconds, she finally focused on something - his eyes, staring deep into them with a look in her eyes that belonged to a terrified animal, like a deer in headlights. Then her eyes rolled back into her head and she went limp.

Fresh was silent.

He checked for a heartbeat, searching around her slender, warm neck for a pulse. Luckily, there was one. It was very very fast though.

"God fucking damnit." He swore under his breath as he shot up higher, wanting to reach a possible place where she could've fallen off of. Fresh held her close to him protectively. He reached the roof, and landed on top of it. there was a lone Corrupted there, a male with a Teacup design on his headphones. He smiled knowingly.

"Patrick." Fresh said through clenched teeth as he glared at him. He inhaled deeply as a wildfire burned in his lungs. "What. Happened."

The Corrupted just smiled silently.

"ANSWER ME YOU SHITHEAD."

'Well, My lord, M'lady here wanted to know where you were. She had been asking around for quite a while, nobody knew where you were, and I didn't want to disappoint her. So I decided to do something that'll make you appear in front of her.'

"So you pushed her off the fucking roof?"

'It was the only way for you to appear. I was just following orders.'