Quartet - Close to me

Four years ago

"Heard the new Panic! On the Dancefloor album yet?" A pair green eyes scanned the faces of the other three companions that surrounded him. The boy was around fourteen, with spiky green hair and a thick evergreen overcoat. That day, they decided to go to the park to hang out. The face of his younger sister, who was sitting on a bench, lit up.

'Hell yeah I have!' She beamed. Her blonde hair was long and dead straight, parted down the middle. She wore a simple yellow shirt. 'My favourite song's probably 'Triumphant' or 'Demise of a Single Man', what about you, Quin?"

'Sin City Devotee.'

"Nice!"

'This about Panic! On the Dancefloor?' Another voice, this time from a brother, joined in. His ginger hair was starting to get longer as well, being a few inches longer than the usual length seen by boys his age. He really wasn't wearing anything too flashy, just an orange singlet that seemed a few sizes too big.

"Well, duh, Pi, what else?"

'Point taken, but seriously, that new album though! I quite like Maniac = Brainiac.' His smile widened. 'What about you, Tetra?'

A/N If you know exactly what songs I'm talking about you deserve a gold medal

The last one, a gender neutral, small figure with cyan blue hair sitting on the top of the slide didn't respond. Their most prominent feature was the scarf they liked to wear that was gifted to them by a childhood friend. On their face was a look of anxiety.

'Tetra?'

"Huh?"

'You good?'

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine."

'You don't look fine'

"It's nothing, really-"

'C'moooooooon, it's not like we're going to kill you or anything if you tell us what's wrong, right?'

"It's really nothing."

The three of them raised an eyebrow, but none of them questioned it. Tetra sometimes just completely shuts down and doesn't respond to anything. But unbeknownst to them, Tetra had a bad feeling in their gut. A really bad feeling. It was like someone had dropped a lead weight into their heart. Throughout the past few days, Trist was quieter than usual. The boy didn't like to talk to begin with, but he seemed... a bit quieter. A bit more withdrawn. Smiled way less. Tetra hadn't told the others about this, but they saw the crimson stripes on his wrists, and frankly, they were very worried. Just a few hours before, Tetra knocked on Trist's door at the Orphanage to see if he wanted to come with them, but he refused. He almost never refused unless he was sick or too tired. With the circumstances and the scars they saw, who wouldn't be worried? And now the thought that Trist may not be alright just plagued Tetra's mind. And as much as they hated to admit it, They were genuinely worried. Their heart rate quickened as the anxiety grew.

But as the minutes passed, Tetra's lips pursed as the feeling that something bad's gonna happen grew stronger and stronger.

Until for a single moment, it crescendoed.

A large surge of what felt like Adrenaline contracted Tetra's muscles and for a split second, made their eyes hyperfocus onto a single object. It wasn't until they realised that their three siblings was staring at them when they realised that they were now standing up.

"Tetra, Jesus Christ, what's wrong-"

'I forgot something at home.'

"Forgot something? Don't tell me you forgot your-"