(Y/N) - Out of Tune Violin

"So... What happened then?" I asked after what felt like minutes of silence. Fresh's story about Circumference was... well, quite interesting to say the least.

'Long story short, Once my own attack backfired, I was severely weakened.' Fresh sighed, sitting up. 'They saw it as the perfect opportunity to get rid of me once and for all, but... well, the couldn't. At this point they realised I was unkillable and decided the best course of action is to just force me into a deep sleep for, I dunno, ever? So they did, but they didn't realise that just because my body was unconscious and out of commission, my mind just had to be as well. Nope. While my body was in a coma, sleeping for the rest of eternity, my mind was still conscious. I could hear everything that happened, feel everything, see everything, but I couldn't do anything about it.'

The look in his eyes was one that I can only be describe as being that of a lonely, isolated child. It ran deep, and I felt sorry for him. He was trapped in his own body.

'They made the mistake of thinking that I was fully unconscious, and, well, after they did make me "comatose", they discussed what they would do next. They weren't sure exactly what to do now, but after a while they found out that I had destroyed most of the world and Corrupted all that didn't get destroyed. So they all agreed that they would restore the world, but doing so would pretty much almost destroy them, only being able to hold their physical forms for 30 minutes tops. So at this point, Radius was practically a god now. His headphones turned white, I saw it, and he created the sun and moon as you know it now. Yellow sun. White moon. But Trinity decided to add a new addition. Guess what it was?'

"What?"

'It was the Tree of Life.'

"Oh. Hey, White Triangle."

'White Triangle indeed.'

"Eeeeeeeeey"

'Anyways, she said that there was a very large chance of me rising from my slumber and wrecking havoc once again, so she created a secret weapon. A secret last line of defence. The tree of life, and The Guardians. They're four shapes that are created from the Tree of Life that will be able to harness the power of the gods themselves to protect the world if necessary. The tree of life will gift anyone with exponential power, but the only people it will willingly give power to without practically ripping the people apart is the Guardians. That's why I can't take in all parts of the tree of life at once, only bit by bit, otherwise it'll kill me.'

My body seemed to do the talking for me, because the moment he finished, I hugged him. He hugged back. Here I thought I was lonely, but Fresh was isolated away from everyone and had no company for what felt like an eternity. Right after he was betrayed by his closest friends as well... Poor him... I just want to hug him and let him know that he's loved and appreciated and will always be welcome.

"Why do you talk about Trinity like she's two different people?"

'I couldn't move, I couldn't talk - What do you think I did during those one thousand years?'

"...Imagine?"

'Imagine?' He scoffed. Not in a condescending way, but like I've just told a joke. 'That's a cute way of putting it. But yeah. In a way. I, well, went over my life, thought of what would happen if things were different, and... Slept. A lot. One of the things I liked to do is relive those happy moments. Eventually I separated the happy moments and shitty moments so much that... well, I guess you can say I think of them as completely different people? It eases the pain, thinking of the Trinity who I proposed to and the Trinity who killed me as two completely different people.'

I can't help but to try to imagine just the levels of loneliness this poor man felt during those years of isolation. Maybe that's why he memorised the names of each and every one of his servants, because he's been starved of the presence from other human beings.