(Y/N) - Hangover

"Fresh, what happened?" I asked the drunken man as I sat him down on his bed. The light that radiated from the ceiling of his room gave me a clear view of his injuries. The duvet was crumpled and messy, sagging under his weight. Despite the pain he must be in right now, he giggled to himself as his cheeks flushed red. Examining his right palm, I saw shards of broken glass puncturing the skin, embedded deep in his flesh. The blood that leaked out was as pink as the man himself. There should be a first aid kit in his bathroom, if there was one in mine. The poor man... Why did he decide to drink so much? Was it because he was stressed about the presence of the four shapes that threatened his life?

"I 'unno" He slurred. "I just saw a gurl in white... An' then I fell o'er.."

'You... fell over.' I sighed. He didn't seem to take me leaving the room very kindly, as when I tried to get up I felt a grip on my wrist along with a deep "Nooooooooooo..."

'Fresh, Honey, I'm gonna get some bandages so I can patch up your hand, I'll be back in literally ten seconds.'

"Don't leeeeaaaave meeeeeeeeeee" He whined. He relocated his hands from my wrist to around my waist, which was a sensation that almost made me slap him on the spot, and rested his cheek against my body. My body is not a pillow! I could feel his hot skin through my clothes. It radiated warmth like the sun. And as much as I berated myself for doing so, I don't want him to let go. Not because the sensation his warmth bought was addictively comforting, but also because for him, hugging me must be addictively comforting. If my theory is correct, that is. I just stroked his head.

"How about this, you come with me, that way you won't have to leave me." It felt like I was talking to a five year old. He looked up and nodded.

'I don' wan' you to leave... I don' wan' you to leave me all alone with them...'

"With... Who?"

He just started to mumble the names "Tess", "Trinity", "Aster" and "Radius" Over and over again. Whether he's hallucinating that his murderers and adopted son were in his room, or that he was referring to Tetra and the others, I don't know.

'C'mon, Darling' I took his good hand. I didn't even go five meters before a huge weight pinned me down. The drunk man collapsed onto the floor, almost as if his bones completely evaporated. Shortly after, he started to snore. Jesus Christ... I reached under his shoulders and tried to prop him up onto the bed, but my weak muscles didn't even hold a candle to the beefy, dense ones that made up his entire body. At least he was several kg lighter because of his missing leg... Finally, I somehow managed to prop the unconscious Drunk onto his bed. He was out like a busted light bulb. The red colouration of his face still remained, although the aloof, absent minded look on his face was gone. Now he was just sleeping. His lips were parted slightly as his chest rose up and down. I stroked his cheek. I felt sorry for the poor guy, drinking his worries away... I just wanna hug him.

I entered the bathroom to look for a first aid kit. The lack of a mirror on the wall made me very uncomfortable, though I knew what I was here for. I opened a little cabinet under the sink, and to my relief there was a small box filled with bandages and other stuff. I came back to his room, and he was still out. Taking his hand and examining his palm, I realise something. On his knuckles, there were scabbed over blotches of dark pink. I don't know what from, but it looked like something was stuck in there. What happened? I decided to ask him later when he was awake and sober. I gulped as I take one of the glass shards in his palm and pulled. It came out surprisingly easily, although I could swear I could see his eyebrows twitch. I pulled out another one, and his mismatched eyes fluttered open. He groaned, trying to sit up, but my body seemed to move before I could make myself. I put my hands on his shoulders and gently forced him back down, singing reassuring messages about how he was "going to be okay" and to "calm down". He obliged, allowing me to lay him down. He started to giggle a bit more, and a dreamy, happy look appeared in his eyes.