Fresh - Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold

Running with only one functioning eye was much harder than Circumference initially thought. The forest floor was littered with traps that threatened to makes his injuries go from bad to worse. And with the blinding darkness of the night, the poor man stumbled a few times, and even collapsed face-first into a tree, which caused his nose to erupt into red fireworks. Eventually he found he was going downhill, and forced himself to pull through despite the pain.

A sudden glimpse of a familiar green cloak filled his heart up with dread.

When he ran, he was hoping that Trinity and Aster weren't joining in on the manhunt against him, even the thought of Trinity treating his wounds and Aster protecting him calmed him down slightly. But the moment he saw Aster's green cloak flutter in the wind, his heart went cold and he didn't know why. He was so happy about seeing them just a few seconds before, why is he feeling so dreadful?

The moment he fixated on the green fabric fluttering in the darkness, he felt a sudden crack echo through his left foot, and before he knew it, his world was spinning as he felt himself hitting objects from all angles. Did he land too awkwardly? A sudden jerk stopped him, but he felt a louder CRACK followed by a sharp pain echo through his foot. He yelled out in pain, WHICH IS THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU'RE RUNNING FROM SOMEONE, and finally came to a stop. He blinked. He felt some new sharp throbs throughout his body, he must've fell through a thorn bush or something, but the most prominent pain was from his left foot, which screamed in agony. It wasn't the sharp pain that all his other wounds had, but rather a blunt pain. Did his foot get caught on a tree root?

He grumbled as he tried to sit up again. This time his muscles ached and screamed with fatigue. Until he saw a bright green light coming from the bushes over to his right. Knowing the damage Tess' blue glow bought, Circumference immediately knew Aster's green glow bought no good. He tried to scramble up and get away, but something inside him clicked and he tried to deflect the attack. But to no avail.

Aster had terrific aim, while Circumference only had one eye now. When the pink attack exploded on a nearby tree, he saw a figure dressed in green showered in the pink light for a split second before a green light filled his vision.

It felt like someone had stomped on him.

The sensation of a massive weight being dropped on his torso immediately made Circumference coil up. He felt all air escaping from his lungs, but with the air being forced out, he also realised something else came out with it. Blood erupted from his mouth like a geyser, and it stained the front of his outfit. His only functioning eye was wide in pain. When the initial pain passed, he ended up lying on his back, staring up at the forest ceiling, trying to process the pain. It felt like someone had closed a strong fist around his lungs. He tried to scream, but all that came out were chokes. Suddenly, he felt another ache deep within, and before he could stop himself, Circumference's body scrunched up in pain and he vomited right on the forest floor. The darkness didn't allow him to see it, but the contents of his stomach had stains of pure red mixed in with it. The process was like vomiting up tacks. The acidic smell of his bile filled the air as he spluttered and gaged.

"A...Ster...?" He finally managed to choke out. All the strength that was once in his body had been completely drained. Aster didn't respond. Circumference could hear leaves crunching.

'No... Nonono, stay back, STAY BACK!' He roared defensively, trying to scramble away from the source of the noise. His voice was filled with a mixture of fear and defensive hostility. In the complete darkness and the dark spots appearing in his vision, he could just make out the deep green colour of the Pentagon's cloak. Until a green light appeared. The reminder that those lights of pure energy bought nothing but pain for him caused a sudden surge of energy in him, and the one-eyed man started to stagger away with a wobble in his step. He practically crashed through bush, the weight that his body couldn't handle both aiding and hindering him. In the trees in front of him, the green glow from behind him showered them and Circumference immediately knew what was going to happen a mere second before it did. The sharp, familiar, white-hot pain of deep gashes manifesting on his back caused another roar of agony from the poor man, though the adrenaline forced his otherwise out-of-commision body to move. Suddenly, he tripped and fell through a bush, landing on his stomach. He looked up, and saw that there were no more trees, just a grassy plain bathed in moonlight. He felt his headphones fall off and clatter to the ground. The wounds he landed on made his breathing shorten into desperate puffs, and he vomited yet again. In the silver light, he saw that there was no more processed food to hurl up - only blood. Hearing the crunching of leaves behind him, he immediately tried to escape once again, not caring that he almost practically dragged himself through his own vomit. But before he could even properly stand up, the sensation of flesh being ripped from bone caused an animalistic shriek of pain, and he collapsed once again. The pain was worse than anything else he had experienced so far.