(Y/N) & Quartet - Fresh's Cool Friends (Murtagh & Veschell remix)

Echoes of what Fresh just said reverberated in my skull. 'That's why I killed her.'

"Wh-What?"

He looked away, avoiding my gaze. Was he guilty? "I... Yeah, I killed my Fiancee. But that's only because she killed me first."

'Oh... Was that what you were dreaming about a couple nights ago?'

He visibly stiffened and pursed his lips. He probably didn't like to talk about it. I wasn't expecting an answer, so when he actually decided to answer, it surprised me.

"Well... Yeah."

Another pause.

"Aster was that guy I told you about who made that delicious mushroom soup." He started to talk, lying down on his back and looking up at the ceiling thoughtfully. His bare chest was covered in scars. Aster. That name sounds familiar... Wasn't he one of the people that blonde guy in my dreams mentioned? He was the green pentagon, right? 

"He was a cool dude. Never lied, always laughed at my jokes, extremely observant. He had a green pentagon on his headphones." Definitely him. What were they even doing in my dreams anyways?

"Tesseract, or Tess as we all called her, was really, really quiet. Even we barely heard her laugh. But whenever she did, it would sound like singing. She's pretty shy, kinda temperamental as well. She was the Blue Square." So this was the dark-skinned, cyan-haired woman in my dreams. She seemed mysterious enough. Temperamental though? Doesn't really seem her type. "And, well, finally there's Trinity. My Fiancee."

Silence. The air seemed to tense up at the mention of the word Fiancee.

Trinity has yet to make an appearance to me, so I don't really know what she'd look like. But he has described her as extremely beautiful. "She was absolutely gorgeous. She loved to laugh, smile, and was in general a people person. That was what charmed me, I guess. Her warmth. Hers was a White Triangle."

White Triangle, huh? Just like the Tree of Life.

"The four of us created this world." He said. Of course, it surprised me that I actually believed what he was saying. But after all this, I can't really blame myself. So he was like, a god or something? That's strange. "In a nutshell, Tess created the seas, Aster the land, I created the Sun and Moon and Trinity humankind. Sometimes we'd help Trinity out, but we weren't nearly as good as her. Fun fact, back then the sun used to be pink, since I created it."

'Oh. Did you have any more friends?'

He paused.

"There is one." He said, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "He was my son."

His son.

HIS SON.

WASN'T TRINITY HIS FIANCEE??? AND NOT HIS WIFE?????

DAMNIT, WHY THE FUCK AM I FEELING JEALOUS?

"YOUR SON?" I found myself almost shouting. He laughed to himself. He shook his head.

'Well, he's not really my son, No, I'm a virgin, I just adopted him as my-'

"You're a virgin?"

'...What, is that a surprise to you?'

"Yes... Yes it is."

Silence. 

"ANYWAY, The first human I ever created turned out a bit... Well, unnatural, to say the least. There wasn't anything wrong with his looks or wrong with his brain, he just came out a bit bigger than all the others. Humans nowadays are taller because of selective breeding, I guess, but back then all the humans were smaller. The one I created was almost as tall as me."