Just Mobsters and Organised Crime Preview

Chapter 1 of my next work

Sparrow.

Forty-Five years old. Male. Married but has an affair. Works at a law firm in the heart of the city. Slightly overweight. Balding. Light skinned with freckles. Conscious about time. Cleft Chin. Drives a black Nissan SUV. License plate PWM432.

Those were the notes Tetra took about their latest victim.

Apparently this man's wife found out about his affair and is currently paying Tetra around ten thousand dollars to take him out. His life insurance money is also a beautifully large amount that she has been eyeing for a long time. Tetra let out a quiet tsk. Heartbroken assholes wanting them to kill their cheating ex-lovers. Power hungry, desperate, corrupt politicians with a rival that seemed just a little bit too popular. Vindictive snakes wanting them to murder an old enemy. Same old people, almost every time. They wanted a different kind of client next time. Tetra checked their watch. It was currently 2:00. They decided to set their plan into action in five minutes. They let their mind wander as they watched the cars roll down the nearby overpass from the top floor of an abandoned building. It wasn't the tallest building in the area, but it definitely provided a clear view without being too far away, around about 20 metres up. It was pretty high for an overpass, 20 meters tall, but it was near the city after all. The little deserted concrete room also provided cover, to both muffle the noise of the gunshot and to have no witnesses. From here, Where Tetra was, their eye level was slightly higher than the overpass. High enough to see the cars roll by on the skybridge, and also their target when the times comes. The wind was weak, but not non-existent. A Gentle south-eastern wind. Tetra sighed. The weather forecast said it would be North-eastern. If they didn't have a reason not to trust the news, they did now. There was a construction site behind where Tetra had set up their sniper's nest, some design company or whatever, Tetra didn't care, they just cared about the fact that there even was a construction site in the first place. Helps subvert suspicion from the gunshot. Tetra checked their watch again. 2:05. Good. Time to get started.

They asked the client a couple favours for a hundred dollars subtracted from the total - and that was if they could borrow her phone for one hour, for her to pretend to have had a panic attack earlier on when anyone came, and to break a window, which they would provide the repair costs for. She happily agreed, anything if it meant that if it could get rid of Sparrow. They took her phone out from their pocket and inserted a microphone-like voice changing device into it. After setting it to voice number 8, they dialled the contact "Cheating Asshole" on her phone. Sparrow picked up after five rings.

"Yeah Honey?" His voice was deep and raspy. Tetra found it repulsive.

'Sweetheart...?' When Tetra spoke, the voice that Sparrow would hear would be almost identical to that of his wife - the woman who paid them to kill him. They tried their best to try sound scared and out-of-breath. 'Sweetheart, please... please come home... Someone broke in...'

"What?" They heard a couple of thumps from the other end. "Did they steal anything?"

Scumbag. Didn't care about if his wife was okay - only the money.

'I... I don't know...' Tetra kept on pretending. 'I think they entered your study... Please, I just had a panic attack, please come home Darling... I need you...'

He cursed under his breath as he yelled out to his boss that he needed to go home early. 'I'll be back home in twenty minutes. Call me if you find out anything that was stolen, okay?'

"Okay..." He didn't even care that his wife just supposedly had a panic attack. Just the money. "I'll see you soon... I love you"

And he hung up without even saying a 'I love you' Back. Tetra sighed. Those kinds of heartless spouses really got on their nerves. But then again, that would make Tetra a hypocrite.