9.6K 206 13

A wet poke at her ankle, another at the hand covering a patch of the exposed skin on her arm, something poking into her ribs, the sound of breathing- or rather, sniffing- near her face.

Jerseys eyes snap open and she shrieks instantly, met with big brown eyes and a wet black nose and fur.

The small girl scurries to sit up and scramble backwards, away from the large- large black animal in front of her. Only, as she frantically scoots backwards, she runs into something else, and she panickedly looks up to figure out what, met with more fur, only, brown fur, this time, and again, she screams and crawls forward, so she's sitting between the two animals.

But there's not two, she quickly realizes as the others come closer from her left and right.

She doesn't know what to think, what to do, so panic takes over and she screams and begins to cry, eyes wide, and head snapping back and forth to keep an eye on each of the four animals- wolves, she now notices in passing.

Not normal wolves, though. Monstrously huge wolves. Like, she kinda thought they were bears before she took a closer look.

At least, she's pretty sure they're huge. She can't say she's over seen a wolf in real life, only in movies and such, but these seemed bigger than what was normally portrayed- definitely bigger, definitely noticeably larger than she had ever thought wolves could be.

The four wolves stand, calmly but carefully observing the little girl, unmoving.

It gives her time to think. She often has to think in her feet with her mother so she's kind of used to it, and she tries to decide what to do.

She can't fight them, evidently, she's tiny compared to them. They'd tear her apart in seconds.

They're not acting how she wouldve expected wolves to. They're just standing there, eyes trained on her like hawks. She thought they'd attack instantly, rip her apart, fight over the small bit of meat she'd provide, swallow her in maybe five bites, in about ten seconds. Chew and break her bones afterwards to keep themselves entertained.

Her breathing struggles horribly as she weighs her options. If she ran, they'd chase her, and it'd probably trigger them out of this stale state, make them want to kill her because then theyd recognize her as prey.

What else could she do? Sit here and wait for them to kill her?

She doesn't have to ponder long because the one behind her steps towards her, head ducking down to guide her to stand.

She assumes it's about to bite her and jumps to her feet, turning her back on the black one- she doesn't want to but it seems like the best choice now- to watch the brown one carefully.

The four wolves still keep a calm persona, though, and the black one turns around and begins pressing deeper into the woods.

They're leaving? She wonders. The white and gray ones at her side stand as well as the brown one. It would make this hole thing a lot easier if they would just walk away and leave her be.

The black wolf stops and turns to look at the others, waiting for them to catch up.

Jersey shrieks when the brown wolf walks closer to her, making her step back towards the black wolf. It continues to step towards her and she presses back, wide eyed and breathing harshly as her second panic attack in the course of ten hours tears at her.

As the brown wolf keeps steadily paced stepping towards her, she keeps going back, watching it ever so vigilantly. She can't go to either side because the other two wolves are watching her as they walk, following the black wolf.

Her plans shortcomings show up soon as she trips back over a root, falling onto her back with a shriek.

All four of the animals stop and wait for her to scramble back to her feet, and then they press on.

She decides to walk forward instead now, but continuously glances back at the brown wolf.

What the hell is happening? Why aren't they hurting her? Maybe they're taking her to the rest of the pack, sharing her with their family. Maybe she's easy, so they're going to let the pups practice hunting on her.

She doesn't want any of the options she's coming up with to become reality, and so she acts quickly and darts to the left, behind the gray wolf.

But she's cut off before she can even begin, the gray wolf jumping in front of her and crouching down, ready to pounce, ears flattening and a deep growl rumbling in warning. She can barely hear the other wolf growl, doesn't know which one it is, and doesn't care very much, too focused on the threat in front of her.

Jersey gasps and puts a hand over ear mouth to silence the sobs as hot tears force their way past her green eyes.

When she stops, the gray wolf loses its defensive posturing and stands straight and proud again, and the four urge her to continue.

So she does, and it's not long before the possibilities start darting through her head and she tries to rub once more, this time to the right.

The white wolf blocks her with his body, and it's too quick for her to react, so her lower chest meets the wolf's ribs, and she bounces back.

The gray wolf behind her nips her ankle and she shrieks, turning around in time to see the brown wolf snarl and lunge at the gray one, and they begin snapping and rolling over eachother, each trying to be on top.

Jersey doesn't stick around to see what happens or who wins, because she continues to run in the direction she started in.

She doesn't make it far before the black wolf stops her, the white wolf on the other side of her incase she decides to go that way instead. They force her back towards the two fighting and the black wolf barks and snarls at the two, who separate and glare at each other fiercely, growling quietly.

The black wolf barks again, and the four continue to force her in whatever way they want to go as she cries and tries not to upset them.

But after seeing that act of aggression, Jersey is again too scared to trust the brown wolf behind her, and she walks backwards and watches it.

The wolf whines as the other three look at eachother, and then the white wolf takes its place behind her, the brown wolf flanking her instead.

When the brown wolf shakes, jersey shrieks and jumps away, and the wolf looks at her and whimpers, lowering itself closer to the ground to seem less threatening.

They continue past the incident, the air warming as the sun comes up above them.

Jersey wonders where they're going, but she doesn't try to escape anymore, knowing it's useless and she must accept her fate.

She's getting tired when they finally reach their destination, a nice little house in the woods.

Jersey frowns. What the hell, why did they bring her here?

The black one steps out of the way and the white wolf nudges her lower back with its nose, making her shriek and jump forward, onto the porch.

Jersey sighs and goes to the door, trying it and finding it's unlocked.

"Um, hello?" She calls into the house. "Any-anyone home?"

Suddenly she's pushed inside with a scream, and she falls to the carpeted floor, spinning around to look at the four wolves who carelessly step into the house, the black one pushing the door closed behind it.