9K 178 62

When jersey wakes up, there's something fuzzy rubbing her hand, which is draped down of the side of the couch, and she smiles for a second. Then she remembers.

She shrieks and jerks her hand back, looking at the white wolf who's head snaps to look at her, pausing his rubbing of his head at her hand with his pretty blue eyes, that she's only just now noticed.

He whimpers when seeing that she's scared of him, laying his head on the couch and giving her sad eyes.

Jersey sits up and scoots away, rubbing one eye while she keeps the other on the fuzzy monster. He's cute. Handsome, for a wolf. If they'd met in different circumstances, for instance, someone walking the- very large- creature in the park, she would cuddle right up to him. But she knows it's a wolf and she doesn't trust it.

Jersey looks around. The other three animals aren't in sight. The white one whines again to grab her attention and she looks at it as it scoots closer to her, laying its head on the couch right next to her and practically batting its eyes.

"What?" She mutters, frowning. The wolf whines and yawns, mouth opening wide to show those huge sharp teeth. Jersey nearly gasps at the sight, and the wolf let's out another whine, edging even closer.

The girls dark green eyes shoot the animal a weary look, whimpering back and trying to scoot away, but she's backed against the arm rest.

The wolf dares to edge a little closer and jersey bites her lip, tears gathering in her pretty eyes.

"Stop!" She cries, and the wolf's head rises quickly, and he steps away as the other three animals run into the room, looking at her closely.

Their defensive postures seem to relax when the white one lets out a sad sounding noise between a whine and a growl, and the brown wolf walks to it and rubs against it lovingly, before the large white wolf trots over to the other couch with a lowered head and tail, and hops up onto it, curling into a tight ball.

The grey wolf seems to heave a sigh, and he approaches the little girl carefully, making her stand from the couch, watching him.

He walks towards her steadily with a slow pace, and she walks backwards, watching it carefully. She glances over her shoulder and heads for the hall with the rooms, hoping to go into one and close it so this animal will stop stalking her.

He lets out a rumble and steps that way, guiding her the other way instead, toward the kitchen.

She follows, heart racing and thumping in her ears.

The two enter the kitchen, and the gray wolf presses on until her back hits the fridge, and then he sits down and wears a pleased look.

Jersey frowns in confusion as the wolf lets out a whine and paws the ground.

Jersey sighs. She doesn't know what it wants or why it brought her in here, and now it's just doing nothing.

She runs a hand through her tangly hair and sighs, before she feels her tummy rumble.

She frowns. She's hungry. She turns to the fridge, watching the wolf carefully, and opens it up, peering inside and smiling when she sees a box of pizza. She grins, then pulls it out and opens it. It's pepperoni.

But she falters. This is someone's house. This is someone else's food. She shouldn't just eat somebody else's food.

But she's hungry, and they're not around. So whatever.

Jersey stays comically close to the wall as she creeps to the microwave, staying as far as possible from the animal.

She finds a plate and napkin and puts the pizza on them so she can microwave it for two minutes- because cold pizza is disgusting.

When she's done, the wolf walks in front of her, leading her back to the living room. She doesn't try to test or defy the animal, and follows him, taking her seat back on the couch again, the tv still playing.

Jersey relaxes a bit, watching the tv instead of keeping such a close eye on the wolves in the living room with her.

Nothing really changes for a few hours. Jersey eats her pizza and watches tv, and the animals seem to watch it with her.

She channel surfs for a while when ridiculousness ends, settling on a vampire diaries rerun.

When she gets hungry again, she hesitantly walks to the kitchen, wolves all watching her, but not getting up or following her.

She looks in the fridge and pantry before deciding on lucky charms, and then she eats that in the living room while watching, and puts her bowl and plate from earlier in the sink, and returns to the only thing there really is to do in this house so far, watch tv.

It gets dark and not long after, and the wolves all stand, making the girl stand as well, nervously watching the large creatures.

They collectively guide- or more like herd- the girl to a bedroom. It's white with crimson accents, and a large bed. She can't see much else, because the lights are off.

They continue to push her to the bed until she falls back on it, and she distantly notices how comfy it is.

She crawls back on it, yawning, and crawls under the covers.

She eyes the wolves as they watch her for a moment, and then they leave the room, door being pushed shut behind them.