9.2K 192 10

Jersey doesn't know what to do. She's not sure she's not just dreaming, because the behavior of these animals is so unlike she would've expected. She doesn't know what their intentions are, why they're not killing her, but she suspects they will at any moment.

She sits on the floor, holding back sobs, and watches the wolves surrounding her cautiously, hiding behind her black hair.

After watching the small girl for a few moments, tho wolves back away, taking different spots in what seems to be the living room of the house, and letting the girl cry into her knees.

Jersey realizes they're not really paying attention to her- the white wolf is laying on a black couch on its belly, head rested on it front paws. The couch would fit about six people, but the wolf fills it end to end. The gray wolf occupies a similar but shorter couch, curled up on what would probably sit three people. The brown wolf is laying on its side in front of the couch the white wolf possesses, and the black wolf is on its tummy between the two couches- and so jersey stands, but their eyes snap to her, heads lifting off the floor or couch they lay on to watch her, and she stops her movements.

They don't leave their spots, or postures, but continue to watch her as closely as she watches them, while she walks into the kitchen of the house and looks around for whoever lives here.

Maybe the wolves are some sort of pet to whoever it is owns this cute little house in the middle of the woods.

"Hello?" She calls as she explores the house. She doesn't open any doors- it seems rude- but she wonders cautiously down the halls and glances in open rooms.

She finds nothing, except a back door in the laundry room, that's unlocked.

Jersey sighs in relief and quietly opens it, but is met with a growl from behind her.

She gasps and spins around to see the white wolf. It's posturing is as calm and contained as it's been since this began, and it watches her with intense eyes.

She continues to open the door and the growl rumbles once more, but it's expression nor posturing changes. She wonders if it's been stalking her the whole time.

So she closes the door and watches as the wolf steps in further to the laundry room, herding her out and back to the living room.

The large animal takes the spot in front of the couch it had been laying on- the brown animal having taken its place- and jersey sighs and sits on the floor again. She yawns- although the sun is now up above the trees and very bright- and watches as the wolves seem to purposely not look at her or pay attention to her.

She appreciates it, although she doesn't understand their motives.

Jersey keeps an eye on them as she lays on her side, eyes drooping and watering, but she refuses to fall asleep, afraid of the monsters keeping her hostage.

The gray wolf looks at her and then hops off its couch, the black wolf standing as well. The gray wolf lies beside the white one on the ground as the black one gently approaches the girl, who stands and watches it carefully as it delicately herds her to the smaller couch recently vacated.

Jersey frowns and sits on it warily. The black wolf lays in front of the couch once more, making Jersey hastily pull her feet up, and they only barely graze the thick black fur.

The small girl sighs, rubbing a hand through her black hair sleepily and laying back against the couch.

Again, the wolves ignore her, laying their heads down and staying quiet, the black one blocking her from leaving the couch.

She kind of liked that they ignore her, but she doesn't understand why they do. She doesn't feel as scared when they're not paying attention, but what are they doing with her? Why is she here?

Jersey rubs her eyes and lays back against the couch, yawning. She's so tired, but she can't sleep. She could, really, but she doesn't want to. Not with the wolves able to attack her at any minute.

She considers getting up and finding an unoccupied bedroom, but there's really no way around the large black wolf that she feels comfortable taking. She doesn't wanna risk upsetting it.

Jersey glances around the room. There's a large tv at the front of the room, and she glances around, raising an eyebrow when she sees the remote.

She's bored. Couldn't hurt.

Except she can't get to it because this damn monster I'm blocking her from leaving the couch. She tests him, trying to crawl over the armrest and down, and the wolf lets out a low rumble, one that's not very aggressive, more of a subtle warning.

All four watch her, keeping their heads on the ground passively as she creeps past the brown wolf and grabs it off the coffee table next to the larger couch.

Jersey turns the tv on and it opens to MTVs ridiculousness, and she giggles, leaving it on and going back to the couch, getting on the same way she got off, and laying her head against the armrest as she sprawls over the soft comfy cushions.

She giggles sleepily, glancing at the wolves to the them staring intently at the tv as well, and before she knows it, she's fallen asleep, despite her best efforts not to.