8.8K 183 20

Jersey wakes feeling nice and warm, cozied underneath her thick comforter, with a sleepy smile on her face.

A few more minutes, she decides.

That decision is uprooted when- with eyes snapping open- she remembers yesterday's events. She glances at her surroundings with wide green eyes, hoping against her better judgement that it was a dream. She knows better when she takes in the color of the walls, of the blankets she's cuddled up in.

She sits up and shudders, wondering what time it is and where the wolves are in the house.

Jersey flips the covers off herself and touches her feet to the cold wood floor, getting a head rush and losing her vision when she stands and tries to take a few steps towards the door- which makes her feel even more insecure and vulnerable than it usually does.

She waits nervously, feeling like a wolf could jump out and attack her at any moment as she struggles not to fall.

When it passes, she sighs and carefully grips the doorknob, trying to be silent. She doesn't know the white wolf waiting for her in the living room heard her the second she got out of bed and is sitting on the couch with alert ears and watching the hall, waiting for her to exit.

Jersey quietly opens the door and peeks into the hall, and sneaks out when she catches no sight of the wolves.

She very quietly tip toes to the laundry room. This is her chance.

She opens the door as quietly as possible and then takes off running, although she's not very fast due to her shoelessness.

In her haste and efforts to be quiet, she made a split second decision not to close the door.

She shrieks when she sees a flash of black running a good fifteen feet to her left through the trees, but it's not really running to him, more like a jog.

She darts right and tries to turn back and forth as she runs as fast as she possible can, so it'll have a harder time following but it keeps up well, and suddenly the gray one is on her right.

Jersey shrieks and in the surprise, trips, twisting her ankle in the process.

She cries out as she hits the ground, scraping her hands trying to catch herself and bruising her knees through the leggings.

The wolves stop on either side of her and come closer, but not too close, the white on having joined too now.

Tears stream down jerseys face as she struggles to stand and debates running again, but she knows it's no use. When she runs- even at her fastest- they barely have to exert energy to keep up, and she's panting heavily already. She's too tired to run any more, and her ankle hurts.

When she's on her feet, the black wolf lets out a low growl, that sounds more annoyed than anything, and steps towards her, and the three begin guiding her back towards what she assumes is the direction of the house.

But when she steps on the leg she hurt, she whines in pain, and the wolves all stop and check over her visually, sniffing at her from a distance.

She tries again to step on it, but it hurts, and not in a way she believes she can walk off.

The gray wolf comes closer to her and turns its side to her- the top of its back comes up to the small girls upper chest- then he looks at her.

She shrieks when she's shoved forward with a head butted to the back and forced to fall against the wolves side, hands bracing her against his coarse grey fur.

She tries to step away but the white wolf behind her keeps her close to the grey wolf- even though it makes her very uncomfortable and nervous- and when it's sure she won't run, ducks it's large head down and shoves it between her knees, lifting her up with her legs around its head as she shrieks, and managing to get her on top of the gray wolf- chest pressed to its back, and legs grappling around his torso on instinct so as not to fall off- before it pulls away.

The wolf under her begins walking and she whimpers but is ignored as it begins jogging along with the others back to the house.

When they get to the back door after a long few minutes and she tries to get off, the wolf growls lowly at her in warning, taking her in through the open door and into the living room, then shaking her off when he reaches the couch and stands beside it.

As soon as she's slid off of him and onto the black couch the gray wolf turns and snaps at the white wolf, and jersey shrieks. The black wolf looks to her and then barks at the other two, who glare at eachother before slinking off in opposite directions, the gray wolf taking its spot on the short couch, and the white one coming to the couch she occupies.

The large animal hops up onto it, at the end farther from the unsure girl, and lies down, curled up, then glances at her warily, gauging her reaction.

Jersey pulls we legs into her chest, Wiping her face against her fur covered leggings to wipe the tears off her face.

She had been terrified to ride the wolf back to the house, but she didn't really have any other options. And he was pretty warm and furry. If she wasn't so scared she would've enjoyed it.

Her ankle is throbbing. Jersey winces as she rubs over it. Shes had a few twisted and sprained ankles in her life, so she figures she better ice it, wrap it if she can find something to do so with, and keep weight off it.

Great.

The small girl stands and behind limping towards the kitchen, and the white wolf vacated its spot to stand beside her, offering silently to let her lean against him.

She does, warily, and goes to the freezer, looking through and smiling gently when she sees a few different ice packs in the bottom. She grabs a gel one and leans against the wolf as she goes back to the couch, grabbing the remote and turning the tv on as she iced her leg.

She briefly wonders where the brown wolf is, but her question is soon answered when he walks into the room, where from she's not sure.

The brown wolf rubs against the couch she's on, greeting her and the white wolf, then the black wolf rested in front of the couch, and then hopping on top of the grey wolf occupying the smaller couch, which makes the grey wolf growl and groan, but he doesn't protest otherwise as the brown wolf lets out a sigh and lays on top of him, crushing him.

Jersey giggles before relaxing into the couch to watch tv.