Chapter 3

Annabeth's POV
By the time lunch came around I was already joking around with Piper and Hazel. I hate having friends, it's just going to make it so much harder when I have to leave because I know I was going to have to. I always do...

We were all laughing when this girl with way to much makeup comes up to us.

"Oh no," both Piper and Hazel say in unison.

In a sickening sweet voice that makes me hate her already the girl says, "Piper did you hear? Jason likes Marie! He's going to ask her out her out to the school dance. So he doesn't have to sit next to Leo and Frank and be bored. Oh no, wait, Frank is going to ask Jennifer! Yeah, that's right!" Both Piper and Hazel look sad at the mention of their crushes. Piper likes Jason and Hazel likes Frank. (I honestly don't know why they told me) " Why are you looking so sad girls? Did you honestly believe they liked you? Idiots."

I don't know why but something within me snapped at her calling them idiots. I don't know why I made friends. But I did. Now looking at their sad faces I realize I had to protect them from being hurt.

"Stop!" I yell. Everyone's hand snaps in my direction, but I didn't notice. "Stop being a bitch! They didn't do anything to you! They were just sitting here and you came acting like a bitch! Well I don't need your fucking attitude, bitch!"  Now I see everyone is looking at me. The bitch looks so surprised, and I smile inside at the surprised and slightly scared look on her face. Maybe she saw what I did to the boy in the hallway this morning.

The girl says obviously still surprised, "Well, just being their ugly self is enough."

"Is that the best you got? Insulting beautiful girls, who don't even need makeup? Wow. I knew you were an bitch when I saw you, but now your a bitch with bad insults," I say as I cross my arms.

"Well- uh- um I- uh-..."

"You what?" I ask.

"Um..." everyone laughs but the bitches posse. They look a little hurt and a bit surprised.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," I say and sit back down as the girl walks away in discussed. All of her 'friends' follow her.

I got high-fives from both the Piper and Hazel.

"Who was that girl?" I ask.

"Oh, that bitch with the bad makeup is Drew. She is popular, mean, dating the most popular boy in school, Percy, and a complete idiot," Hazel informs me. I nod, knowing I've made an enemy.

Percy's POV
I wasn't expecting that from a girl. And I know it's stupid to think a girl wouldn't do anything like that, but this girl seemed pretty chill. She wasn't someone I thought would do that. Not that I thought about her! I only met her today... But I should really stop underestimating  her. She did judo-flip me...

I decide to go over to her and talk. Who knows why or what about, but I was going to do it. I'm not crazy, right?

"Imma go over there and tell that girl good job. And maybe I can learn her name," I tell my friends.

"Just don't ask her out until you break up with Drew," Leo says. I just roll my eyes. "What?"

With that I get up and walk over to the girl.

Before I get to her I stop in my tracks. Not because of anything bad. I just saw her beautiful gray eyes and princess curls. I smile to myself. How could a girl that beautiful be such a good person? How could she not have more than just two friends?

She turns around and gives me a weird look, then I realize I'm staring. Oh no. What if she thinks I'm weird? What if she hates me?! I start to walk over to her. I don't know why. I just panicked.