Chapter 30

Trigger warning, I guess?

I'm not really sure if this chapters worth this, but I know it was difficult to write and I just thought that it might not be the best for all readers. Especially the first half.

This chapter Annabeth is getting abused at home. I know this may not be very well written and provoke those emotions/feeling, but I thought I should give some sort of warning.

Annabeth's POV

"Where have you been, bitch?" Helen asks, as I walk in the house I'd lived in most of my life. Then she slapped me to the floor.

"I'm sorry, Helen," I say. "I was just-" another slap.

"What did you just call me? I am your mother!" she shouts. "Or more so than that woman who left you to me. I'll tell you, I'd rather where ever she is than with you, too."

"She dead," I says, not even holding back the sob.

I think I'd want you there, too.

"Don't sass me. You have no leg to stand on in this argument," she says, then she gets an sort of lightbulb moment. "And you won't have one ant where else, either." She then kicks my knee backwards with a loud crack.

I cry out in pain and fall to the floor. "That'll teach you, you slut. Just you wait-"

"Mommy?" a sweet voice rings out.

She turns and I look to see Bobby and Matthew standing at the bottom of the stairs. Bobby is holding a stuffed dog toy that he couldn't sleep without and Matthew was crying.

"Mommy, what are you doing to Annie?" Bobby, who had spoken before, asks.

"It's none of you concern," she says.

"But she looks hurt," he says. Helen does nothing but ignore him.

"What are you doing out of bed?"

"Matt had a nightmare and I wanted to come down because I heard the door. I thought Annie was home." Helen turns to me.

"See what you did! You woke them from there sleep. They just had a long day at school and you ruined their sleep, you whore," she shouts.

I crook out an apology, but I still could barely do anything because I was in such pain.

Bobby was now crying, too, so Matthew steps up to talk. "Mommy, please don't be mad at Annie. She didn't mean to."

Helen would usually listen to the boys, but it didn't seem like tonight was going to be one of those days. She sticks her head in the air and says, "She needs to be punished."

"Please, Mommy, no," he pleaded and before I knew what was happening, she marched up and threw both boys on the ground.

They laid on the ground crying. "Don't talk back to your mother," she warned. Helen leader down so she could be closer to them.

"No, don't hurt them," I cried, weakly, gaining back her attention.

"What would you do? You can't even save yourself." She half laughs at that. "You're so weak."

"Stop it," I say, struggling to get up. "They didn't do anything."

"Who are you to judge that? Who are you to do anything?" She walks back over to me.

Helen grabs my hair and pulls me up, while I cry out on pain. "You are nothing and you always will be nothing. Do you know why? Because you're so weak," she spits in my face. She drops my hair and I fall to the ground. She laughs at the pathetic sight in front of her. "You can't even stand on your own and I'm supposed to take you as a serious threat?"

Helen kicks my stomach and then walks over to the boys. They were both still sobbing.

I couldn't even watch them like this. I didn't know what to do. They were kids. They didn't deserve this. They'd never done anything wrong.

I wasn't sure what Helen was going to do to them, but I had to stop it.

I scrambled to my feet and dragged my right leg over to them and jumped in front of Helen. I pushed her away with as much strength as I had, which wasn't much. She stumbled a little, but that seemed more in shock.

I took the opportunity to give the boys my phone. "Go upstairs or outside, call 911. Get away from her," I tell them, then pushes them lightly away from where Helen was.

"How dare you? I brought you in and was a mother to you and this is how you treat me? By attacking me and turning my own kids against me?"

"They stopped being your kids the moment you hurt them," I say, louder than I had been before because I was gaining some of my strength back. Or maybe it was just adrenaline.

"And who are they to you? You aren't there mother. You aren't even there sister," she spat.

"Yes, I am," I say, shocking myself a little. I had never thought of them as my brothers. Just, Helen's kids. Not until now. "They're my brothers and I would do anything to protect them. Hurt me as much as you'd like, but don't you dare touch them."

"You bitch!" she pushes me into the fire place, causing a large gash on my forehead. "Get up," she orders.

Once I do what she says, she grabs me by the wrist. "You aren't seeing any of them again. You're going with someone special, who I know will take you." She drags me out of the house through the back doors, which was a smart move, considering I could hear the police in the distance.

I wanted to scream for help, but Helen grabbed some material and gagged me along with tying my hands. Running wasn't an option, for I couldn't barely stand.

"Keep up, girl," she says. The blood from my head hadn't stopped and was getting to my eyes. "I'm not waiting for you."

We'd been walking for so long, I couldn't even hear the police anymore. God, I hoped Bobby and Matthew were okay

Helen stopped us in the kind of no where and throw me down on a rock. "If you even try to move, I'll kill you," she threatens.

After less than a minute of waiting, a black limo pulls up. Helen drags me in a throws me on a seat. My head hits the edge, but it wasn't the worst blow I had taken this evening.

Helen didn't get in the limo, the door just shut and the locks clicked.

"Annabeth, dear," a familiar voice says. I look up and met the eyes of the damn in the car. "I was wondering when we would meet again."

No.