Chapter 13

Annabeth's POV
It turns out Piper is going to call backs, too. She is trying for Medda Larkson. She's amazing.

"We are going to get these parts, then we'll go shopping, then we'll learn our lines, then I watch you kiss Percy, then I'll fangirl over it, then I will vote about 3000 times for you for prom queen, then- well... that just about covers it. Wait! Then I'll be your life long best friend, then you and Percy get married and I am maid of honor! I can't wait!" Piper says, excitedly.

"Woah, Piper, slow down. Don't you think your getting ahead of your self? We haven't even gotten the parts yet. Me and Percy are not getting married. And, why on earth do you think I'm going to be prom queen?" I ask.

"Well, when you and Percy start dating, you will be the power couple of the school, and the power couple always wins prom queen," Piper explains like it's obvious.

"Trust her. She has seen enough Disney Channel movies to know," Hazel says, coming up fro  behind us.

"It's true. I know every word to Another Cinderella Story and Descendants."

"Okay, and another thing, why me and Percy? I don't even like him."

Shut up, I'm not lying.

"Your totally lying," both girls say.

I don't like those magical sea green eye.

"Completely lying," they continue.

Or his messy raven black hair.

"There is no truth to your statement."

Or–

Okay, so maybe I am lying.

"Maybe I do like him, but don't tell any one. Please. Especially not Percy."

"I wouldn't think of it!" both of the girls say.

The the boys walk up behind us. "Wouldn't think of what?" Percy asks.

Hazel and Piper giggle. "Oh, nothing. Just Piper and Hazel being idiots. What were you guys talking about?" I ask.

"Nothing much. Jason and Leo got a call back, too. Maybe we could all get a part. That would be fun," Percy answers, staring at me.

"Yeah. That would be so cool." I stare at him until Frank clears his throat. In the time we were talking we got quite close to each other. We quickly back away. Me and Percy's faces both turn bright red.

Percy's POV
Awkward. Maybe I can play it off. Maybe the Annabeth won't know I like her. Now, that would be awkward.

"Yes, Frank?" I question.

"Oh, nothing. Just, you and Annabeth were quite close-" Frank behinds, then Piper interjects.

"Like, kissing close-" Next is Jason.

"And it would be quite rude to kiss her without knowing if she has a boyfriend-"

"You don't, right?" Leo questions.

"Guys! Why do you have to make everything awkward?" I ask.

"No reason. Just who we are," Hazel answers.

"Annabeth. You never answered my question," Leo states. I wouldn't admit it, but I want to know, too. What if she did have a boyfriend? That would be awkward. Though, it's not like she would like me, any way.

"No. I don't have a boyfriend." What a relief! Thank the good Lord!

"Not yet," Hazel whispers, which cracks Piper up. And the rest of the boys, too. What's so funny. Annabeth mumbles to them to shut up.

"Let's to ELA, Perce," Annabeth says.

"Yeah, come on," I say.

"She called him Perce!" Piper and Hazel squeak. The boys laugh, too.

"Oh, shut up!" Annabeth says, really annoyed. She rolls her eyes.

"Let's go." Annabeth grabs my wrist and pulls me in the direction of our ELA class.

Annabeth's POV
Oh my gosh! Why did I grab his wrist? Drew is going to kill me, and anyone who sees us would think we were a couple.

Not that you would mind that...

Shut up, stupid voice in my head! No one cares!

Eventually, I stop dragging him and we slow down. My hand moves to his hand.

Oh my gosh! We're holding hands.

This time, I didn't tell the voice to shut up.

Percy's hand stays on mine as we walk to class.

Percy's POV
Oh my gosh! I'm holding Annabeth hand! I'm holding Annabeth's hand! Oh my gosh! I'm holding Annabeth's hand! Annabeth's not pulling away, and I don't make any move to either. Why does it feel so natural when I hold hands with Annabeth?

"Are you excited for call backs?" I ask her.

"Actually, I'm really nervous. What if I mess up? What if I get the part and mess up? Everyone would hate me!" Annabeth says, frazzled. (I wrote frazzled and it audio corrected to Frazel! Lol! My phone knows me well.)

I let go of her hand, and grab her shoulders to turn her to face me. "You'll do fine. Trust me. You have an amazing voice. Way better than anyone else who tried out. You've got this," I assure her.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We walk the rest of the way to class in complete silence.

I'm starting to feel Annabeth's nerves when I walk in to the auditorium for auditions.

The first group of people auditioning is Medda Larkson. So that Piper. Oh my gosh. She is good. She's definitely getting the roll.

Next Crutchie. Leo is easily the best one up there.

Then, Dave. Jason's got it in the bag.

Then- I don't remember. I tune it out until I see Annabeth walking on the stage. I give her a smile and thumbs up. I can't wait to hear her sing again. She has such an amazing voice and sing with so much heart and soul.

Annabeth begins to sing. Oh my gosh, she has the voice of an angel. I know she is getting this part.

I hope I can live up to everyone's standards. It would kill me if Annabeth got the part and I didn't. I would have to watch her make out with some other guy.

"How did I do?" Annabeth asks, coming to join us.

"Amazing. I hope I can do that."

"I'm sure you'll do great. And we're about to see. You turn." I notice Annabeth is right (like always), it's my turn.

I walk up there. Hopefully I don't suck.

A/N
Hi!

I'm sorry I spent a whole chapter on call backs, but next chapter more stuff will happen. I swear.

You are awesome, amazing, and I love you! 😘

-Kate