Chapter 19

Percy's POV

I spent all of what should have been the school day feeling bad about not going.

I guess that's the problem with being in love with the good girl.

I go home and open the door and am immediately faced with my mother's worried expression.

"Paul called me and said you weren't at school today? Are you okay?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, Mom, I'm fine," I try to convince her, but she knows me  to well.

"Oh, honey, what's wrong?" She walks over and gives me a hug.

"I screwed up, Mommy." I begin to cry on her shoulder. It's been so long since I called her Mommy, but right now I need her to hug me like I was a little kid. "I screwed up bad."

"Oh, sweetheart. It's going to be okay. It will all be okay, just tell me what happened?" Mom strokes the back of my head and leads me to the couch so we can sit down.

"I- I think I love her," I whisper.

"Who?" she asks in a soft voice that makes me feel safe.

"Annabeth. Annabeth Chase," I tell her. Mom's eyes widen. She smiles slightly.

"Then, what's the problem?" she asks.

"She's got a boyfriend. I waited to long and now she's dating someone else. She hates me! She doesn't want to be my friend, either." I begin to cry again. Mom embraces me in another hug.

"It's okay, sweaty. I know she loves you, I've seen the way she looks at you. She will come back to you. Trust me, she will come back." She smiles down at me.

"Thanks, Mom, I needed that."

"Anytime."

Annabeth's POV

Who does Percy love? Is the question bugging me all day. Along with, why did he leave?

What did I do?

I can't believe Percy fell in love with someone. I actually had hope, yesterday, that Percy felt the same way I feel about him. But now? Now I know he doesn't.

Percy hates me and I don't even know what I did.

He must think I'm a loser and doesn't want to be around me anymore.

"Hey, Annie." Ethan comes and gives me a kiss. I just stand there. I don't move. I can't. "Do you need a ride home? You know, since it doesn't look like Percy can do that today."

I just nod. I know if I say anything I'll regret it, so I don't.

"Also, there's this house party we're going to tonight, so be ready," Ethan tells me.

Of course there is.

I don't know how it happened, but the few days he's been here, we've gotten so popular.

I know I should be complaining because strays the thing some people only dream of, but I'm just not that girl who wants that anymore. I don't want to be popular. I try to want it, but all my smiles are forced. I can't talk to my real friends anymore, and they stopped trying to talk to me.

They must think I hate them.

"Make sure to dress nice, maybe a cocktail dress," Ethan says. I nod. I haven't grown much since Freshmen year, so I still have some cocktail dresses. Oh, what fun.

"Let's go." Ethan goes to the other side of the car, without offering to open the door for me.

Sure, I'm not helpless, but it made me feel special when Percy did that for me. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I love when guys are traditional. Of course I like to do things myself, but having a guy play for the first date or out the door, is super sweet.

Seriously though, for the most part, chivalry is dead.

"Hurry up, let's go," Ethan shouts. I climb into the car and we head to my house.

I put on a silver, sparkly cocktail dress. And geez, I forgot how short they were. I tried to do my hair, before giving up and putting it in a mid-high ponytail. My makeup is done, even though I hate makeup on me. Other people makeup makes them look beautiful, but on me it just helps point out my flaws.

Once Ethan pulls up to my house, I rush outside so my family doesn't see me

"Hey, babe." Ethan grabs me, by the butt, and pulls me closer. I tense up.

"I've got a name, you know." I try to pull out of his grasp, but it only makes him pull me closer.

"Your ass looks great in that dress," Ethan says completely ignoring my question. "But, it covers up your boobs. Next, fix that last part." He places a hand on my breasts a push down on them.

"Please, stop," I whimper. Ethan looks shocked at me.

"Only because we are going to be late," Ethan whispers right next to my ear. "And because that car looks like your dad's." Shit.

I hadn't realized that my dad had pulled up. Dammit, he saw me in this dress.

Ethan lowers one of his hand in between my thighs, and he pinches me. I squeak, trying not to give him any satisfaction of making me completely uncomfortable.

"Annabeth Marie Chase! What the hell are you wearing?" Dad storms up to where Ethan and I stand. I lower my hand under his disapproving gaze. I realize Ethan's hand is still between my legs.

"Um, excuse me, but you interrupted us," Ethan says, quite rudely I might add.

"That's sir, to you," my dad says to him. "And what the hell is your hand doing in between my daughters legs?"

"Squeezing there, obviously." Ethan squeezes my leg, rather hardly. I try not to let out a moan. Though I hate him, he still knows how to turn me on. I hate that about him.

My dad's face is a deep shade of red. "Get off my property. Now," he says, in between his teeth.

"Yes, sir." Ethan does a mock salute to my dad and walks to his car with me.

This infuriates my dad, but before he can say anything about it, Ethan drives away. Way above the speed limit, too.

And through that hold thing, all I did was stand there silently, too scared to do anything.