Chapter 17

Percy's POV
The ride to my house is almost silent. The only thing that makes any noise is my Spotify playlist. The songs are all from various musicals, because I'm really cool.

I can't believe Annabeth thinks all thoughts awful things about her self. Someone else must have put those awful thoughts in to her brain. I'll bet you any thing it was Helen. How could she someone hurt someone so perfect? Who could be that cruel? Helen.

"Annabeth, you have to get out of that house, dammit!" I say, very frustrated.

"I'll be fine! Why don't you get that?" she ask. "Can't you just bug out?"

"Helen is freaking abusive! Why can't you just stay somewhere else? At a friends? Your real mom's?"

"I can't stay any where because I've got no where to go!" This shocks me. What happened to her? "I've got no one who I could stay with and I don't have the money to live on my own! I real mom? She's dead! She died when I was little."

"I- I'm so sorry. I didn't know..." my voice trails off.

"Of course you didn't! No one did! I don't want pity. Not yours or anyone else's, and that is what you get if your mom is dead." Annabeth got quieter as she said this. I didn't notice that she was crying.

"I'm sorry, Annabeth, I know what it's like to lose a parent. But, no matter what, you can't let someone treat you like that. There are plenty of people who care about you. Me included. You're an amazing person, don't let anyone tell you otherwise," I say.

"Really?"

"Absolutely." With that one word, the whole atmosphere changes between us. She seems to notice this too. We sit in comfortable silence for the rest of the way home.

Annabeth's POV
When we put up to Percy's house, I go to open the door when I realize it's already been opened and then is a hand there. Percy's hand. I take it, with a smile.

"You know I can get out of the car myself." I cross my arms.

"Can you now?" Percy smirks.

"I sure can." I roll my eyes, but that just makes his smirk grow. Oh my gosh, he's an idiot.

"Come on. Let's go to my room," he says. Then he blushes a bright red, while I just laugh.

"What was that?"

Percy's POV
"I- I- I didn't mean it like that! You know that!" I frantically says.

"Right. Because I have a boyfriend." Annabeth says. I thought if she brought that up she would be upset, but right now she's just playing around. I decided to play, too.

"That's never stopped me before," I tell her, smirking. She rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, like any girl would want to be with you." Annabeth crosses her arms.

"Oh, so you never fantasize fucking me?"

"Never in a million years," she says, with a giggle. Not like the giggle girls do when they try to sleep with you, just a normal giggle. Like she is genuinely laughing. That makes me smile.

"Come on, let's go," I say with a smile. We head into my house.

A/N
Please don't kill me!

I know this is short, but at least I posted.

I know it been months, but I'm here now.

I want to hear what y'all think of the story, and your feelings about our new character, Ethan. I know most people have Luke as her jerky boyfriend, but I just couldn't make him evil.

Thank you for reading this story, it means a lot!

All my love,
Kate