Chapter 21

Annabeth's POV

Percy and I walk out of the party, unnoticed because everyone is drunk and making out.

I love Percy so much. I never would have thought this would happen.

He loves me, but why? There's nothing special about me. I m just me. I'm just Annabeth. I'm an ugly, nerd. Why would do some one as cool as Percy like me?

What if he doesn't? What if this is all a prank?

"Do you really love me?" Percy ask, sounding unsure. This is a big shock to me.

"Of course I do. Why do you even need to ask that? Your amazing. I m lucky to have you," I tell him. Percy blushes.

"Don't say that, you are the amazing one." I blush. No matter what is going on, Percy will always have the ability to make me blush and I love him for that.

We get to Percy's car, and he opens the door for me. I blush, yet again.

"So, to your house?"

I sign. That means I've got to face my dad again. Yay. "I guess so..."

"Well, we don't have to. We could go to my house if you want. My mom would love that. I'm pretty sure she likes you more than me." I giggle.

"I mean, if you're okay with that, then that would be awesome," I tell him. Percy smiles.

"Okay, then. To my house it is." We drive the rest of the way to Percy's house in comfortable silence.

We walk up the stairs to Percy's apartment and I'm about to walk in when Percy grabs my wrist.

Percy spins mr right into his chest so we are face to face. We are so close, in fact, that I can feel his breath on my cheek. Percy wraps his hands around my waist, but not in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable.

"We aren't going in until I get one more thing," Percy whispers into my ear.

"And what might that be?" I ask in an equally quiet voice.

Percy smirks. "This." His eyes travel to my lips and I know what he means. Percy leans in for the kiss and my eyes flutter closed. Percy deepens the kiss. I let myself sink into his arms. Seriously, if his arms weren't there, I would have hit the floor. We pull away and rest our foreheads against one another. I smile lightly.

"I love you so much," Percy whispers.

"I love you, too," I reply. We go to open the door to Percy's apartment.

"Hey, sweetie, you're home early," Sally says when we walk into the kitchen. "Oh, Annabeth! Hi." She glances at Percy, surprised.

"Hi, Sally. It's good to see you again." I smile and give her a hug.

"Hey, Mom. The party was just getting a little crazy. We decided to head out," Percy explains.

I'm great full he doesn't tell her about Ethan. I mean, Sally's great and all, but I just don't want to think about him. I'd rather just be happy with Percy right now.

"Okay, that's great." Sally smiles at us.

"Um, Sally, I was wondering if I could stay here tonight?" I ask her.

Sally smiles widely at me. "Of course, sweetheart. I told you that you're always welcome here."

"Thank you so much." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I hate asking for things.

"If you want to take a shower I'll get you some clothes," Percy offers. I smile at him.

"Thank you," I mumble.

"I'll go get it," Sally offers. She walks out of the room, leaving it to be just Percy and I.

"Thanks again. You know, for letting me stay," I tell Percy.

"Anytime, baby." Percy smiles at me. It's weird, when Ethan called me anything other than Annabeth I hated it, but when Percy does it... it just makes me love him more.

"Here you go, Annabeth." Sally comes in and hands me some clothes.

"Thank you," I tell her.

"No problem," Sally says, waving me off. "The bathroom is right down there." She points downs a hallway. I smile and leave the kitchen.

Percy's POV

I watch Annabeth walk out of the kitchen. She's so amazing.

I turn to Mom and she's smirking at me. "So, I thought Annabeth had a boyfriend? Would he be happy if he found out she was sleeping over at your house and wearing your shirt?" she says. I blush. I forgot I was only wearing a jacket, though I could never forget how cute Annabeth looked wearing my shirt.

"Well, um... it's kind of a long story," I tell Mom. She motions for me to tell her. "You might want to sit down for this." Mom's eyes start to get worried.

"Okay, what happened?" she asks, when we sit down on the couch in our living room. "Did Annabeth get hurt?"

"Yeah, kind of." Mom gasps. "I'll start for the beginning. When me and Annabeth's friend group start to come together, she said she didn't have a boyfriend. I might have kind of had a crush on her, so I was relieved. But on Monday she came to school with a lettermen's jacket and wouldn't talk to any of us. We were all really worried. The next day is when Ethan, her ex-boyfriend, showed up. He wouldn't let her talk to any of us and was just using her.

"I was really upset, but I could tell Annabeth wasn't happy. I didn't do anything to help her. I should have, though, but I though she hated me. I realized I was in love with her today and I left school because I didn't want to see her. Though, when I came to the party, I heard Annabeth calling for help." Mom gasp again, figuring out where this is going. "I walked upstairs and found Ethan trying to rape her.

"I got him if of her and made him leave. And that's what happened."

"No, it's not," Mom says.

"Yeah, it is," I tell her, confused.

"Then why did I here you calling her baby? Also, by the way you guys are looking at each other, you totally kissed." I blush. Wow, Mom really does know me well.

"Yeah, we did. I, also, told her that I love her." Mom gasps, excitedly.

"Oh my gosh, really?! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm going to be a grandmother!" Mom squeals.

"Mom!"