Chapter 36

Percy's POV

Luke said he had called his friends yesterday, trying to get ready. Who he called were some of Annabeth's old friends.

Whom she had never mentioned.

I didn't know why she hadn't told me anything about her past, but I didn't want to push her. She didn't deserve that.

I just missed Annabeth so, so much.

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for my friends, when a car I didn't recognize pulled up.

Leo stepped out of the passengers seat and I was very confused. Who was with him?

Then a girl in knew rather well stepped out of the drivers seat.

Calypso.

What the hell was she doing here?

"Calypso? What are you doing here?" I ask.

Calypso and I... we had a bit of a past. I was best friends with her sister, Zoë Nightshade, when Calypso and I started dating. We new each other through Zoë and we were in love for a while.

But all good things must come to an end.

When Zoë passed away, we had a falling out. We realized that we didn't care about each other as much as we thought. I was in such a state of grief, I totally blocked her out of my life after we broke up. Neither of us were in a good place, nor were ready to have a relationship.

I'm not really upset that it ended, but I do wish it was on better terms and not due to Zoë's departure from this world.

"Um, hey, Percy," she says, quietly, messing with her hands. "I just wanted to help y'all find Annabeth and stuff. She seemed like a good person and, well, I just wanted to help. But if you don't want me here, I'll-"

"Um, no. I'm just surprised is all," I say. Leo gives us both weird looks, but Luke seems to preoccupied with his phone to give any of us a second glance. He was texting with someone, probably his friend.

"How do you know each other?" Leo asks, growing suspicions.

"Um, no where," Calypso says.

"Are you sure 'cause-"

"No where, Leo. It doesn't matter," Calypso snaps. Leo looks down, sort of embarrassed, I think.

We sat in awkward silence until Piper and Hazel pulled up, followed by Frank, then Jason.

"Hey, sorry I took so long. I found someone who's been gone way to long on a trip with his family," Jason says, and Nico comes out from behind him. He waves, awkwardly, at us, saying some about helping.

In normal circumstances, I would have rushed to hug him, but this wasn't normal circumstances. Annabeth was gone. Now was not the time.

Luke finally looks up form his phone. "Great, your all here. We got another group that'll be here any minute. And they'll have a car that can fit us all."

As if he summonses them, large white van comes driving up to us. A large group of people starts to fall out. Like, literally fall out of the van.

The first person out is a beautiful Asian girl. Her hair was wavy and long. It was either a really dark brown or black. She had big eyes, that were a mix between blue and green, but they were more towards the blue side.

The next person out was a tall, black guy. His hand was wrapped in the first girls. He had short black hair and dark brown eyes. He seemed, maybe, two or three years older than me. The first girl was the same way. I assumed the pair were dating. I frown, slightly. Even the thought of a relationship made me sad right now.