Chapter 25

Annabeth's POV

"All right, everyone!" our director, Mr. Solace says. "That's it for today. Y'all are dismissed."

"That was so much fun," I say.

"That was just the read through, Annie," Percy says, chuckling lightly. "The littlest things bring you joy and it is adorable. Just wait until we start with actual acting in a few days."

"A few days?"

"Yeah, we have to block first," Percy says. I mouth the word oh.

"Hey!" Piper says, walking over to us. "I was wondering if you need a ride. I'm taking Hazel, too." I smile at her, but I turn towards Percy. I really want to go with him and we're going to the same place, so it makes since to go with Percy, right?

"I'm sorry, Pipes," I say. "I was going to go home with Percy today. Maybe some other time." She nods, understanding, and we hug, before we say goodbye.

"You know, you could have gone with her, if you wanted," Percy grumbles. He seems to be having a problem with our friends. It's been kind of annoying.

"Well, I wanted to go with you. If I wanted to go with her, I would have. Okay?" I say.

"Sorry, I was just saying." We walk out of the school and to his black car in silence.

"Hey, what's been up with you?" I ask.

"Me?" Percy looks at me shocked. "Nothing. It's you who's been acting weird all day. And like you want to spend time with everyone else more than me." My eyes widen. What the fuck?

"Of course I want to spend time with everyone else. I haven't talked to them in weeks," I say. "What did you expect? For me to only ever talk to you?"

"I mean, I guess your right. I just want to spend time with my girlfriend. I really care about you, you know," Percy says. "It was really freaking me out when you didn't talk to me. I thought, maybe I was annoying you."

"You could never annoy me, Percy," I say

"Is that a challenge?" I laugh, lightly.

"But, seriously, Annabeth," Percy says, his eyebrows furrowing. "Are you sure nothings wrong?"

My mind floats to my friends. Luke, Thalia, the Stolls, and Katie.

Luke.

Luke.

It's been a while since I thought about him and even longer since I've seen, but I can still remember that blonde boy with a scar on him s face.

The boy who saved my life when I was only seven and then again with Ethan.

The boy who I loved for years.

The boy who was put in a coma for me.

A coma.

For me.

For me.

Me.

Me.

Me...

I'm the reason he was in the hospital and I have even tried to contact him since I left. He saved my life and I didn't care. I just left.

He could have died, and I didn't care.

I saw on the news he woke up, the next year, right when they were going to pull the plug. I didn't go see him.

I should have.

Luke...

"Annabeth? Are you okay?" Percy asks, a concerned look on his face. I plastered a smile on my face.

"Yeah," I say, then give him a peck on the lips. "Why wouldn't I be?" Percy smiles, but it doesn't look like he totally believes me.

We drove to his apartment in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable, per se, but it wasn't as nice as it has been in the passed.

That night, I spend an hour or two working on homework then turn toward my script.

I start reading my first few lines when Percy walks in. "Hey," I say. He nods, but doesn't say anything. He sits on the bed and looks at his lap.

"Percy? Are you okay?" I walk over to my bed from the desk I was working at and put my hand on his shoulder.

He remains silent for a few more seconds and I start to get worried. "Percy?"

"Annabeth, I know what are you not telling me about your past?" he asks.

"What?"

"I know about Luke. My cousin, Thalia, told me."

"Thalia's your cousin?"

"Annabeth, what didn't you tell me what happened back then? Are you in a sort of trouble?"

"No."

"Then why not?"

"I've known you for awhile now and I love you, but you don't trust me to tell me that you hit someone with a fucking car?" Percy stands up, his voice rising with him.

"You don't understand, Percy- it's not what you think," I say.

"I think that you hit one of your best friends with a car and then left him there. To die." He glares at me, as if he knew Luke himself.

"Percy-"

"You put a guy in a coma and you didn't even bother to keep in contact or ask if he was okay! Who does that?"

"You have to believe me, please. Just listen."

"Because you've been so honest with me in the past?" I open my mouth to defend myself, but Percy cuts me off.

"You almost murdered your best friend. Your best friend." One tear slips from my eye as his voice comes back to the normal volume. He's silent for a few seconds and I almost prefer the yelling. Almost.

"You- you almost got someone fucking kill. What the hell, Annabeth? Just by being around you, I've put my life and the life of my family and friends in danger. How can I trust you after knowing what you did?"

I open my mouth to say something, but that just makes me realize that there's nothing left to say. "I'm sorry."

"No, I am," Percy chokes. Both of us have tear stained faces. "I'm sorry I ever trusted you. It's over, Annabeth. Get the hell out of my life. I never want to see you again."

Percy walks out of my room and I'm left in there. Crying. Wishing I he never found that out.

All of the sudden I'm jerk awake. I look up and see Percy's concerned face above me. I'm at my desk with my books still open. My face is covered in tears for my dream.

"Are you okay?" Percy asks, bending down to wipe the tears off my face. "I heard something from your room. I thought that someone might have hurt you. I was so worried."

"I'm fine. I'm fine," I say. "As long as I'm with you, I'm fine." I hug him.

"Are you sure? You look like you've been crying."

"It was just a bad dream."

"Alright. You know that you can tell me anything, right?" He still looks concerned, but he has a smile on his face.

"Of course. If something were wrong, I'd come to you first."

"Before anything else." I smile at him and he returns it. He raps me in his arms.

I love the warm he gives me. The comfort.

I love him.

And one thing I'm sure of, he can never know about Luke or what happened to him. Not if I want to be in his life.