Chapter 12

Annabeth's POV
"This was a mistake." I am so nervous about the audition.

"Come on, Annabeth. You can do it. And we will all be right here when you do." Piper and Hazel are both trying to comfort me.

"Next," Mr. D, our director, calls. I've heard he's the most strict teacher here. With my luck, I am definitely not getting cast.

"That's you, Annabeth. Break a leg," Hazel says, giving me one last hug.

"Hi, I'm Annabeth Chase. I'm auditioning for Katherine Plumber with the song Watch What Happens."

"You may begin,"Mr. D says without even looking up.

"Write what you know,
So they say, all I know is I don't know
What to write,
Or the write way to write it." I begin to sing and everyone looks up. Even Mr. D stops taking notes and stares at me.

Am I really that bad? 

Shut up brain.

I finish the song and everyone is still staring at me. After a few seconds, the room explodes with applause.

I walk off stage with my head down. As soon as  I do, I'm tackled in to a hug. Piper and Hazel are on top of me, suffocating me.

"You were so good!" the girls say in unison.

"Really? I messed up, like, two or three times." I cover my face with my hands. "I'm not going to get a part. I did so bad."

"Did you not hear the crowd after you went? They thought you were amazing! And so did we," Hazel says.

"They applaud for everyone," I tell them.

Piper rooks her eyes and almost says something, when I hear a voice from behind me.

"They may applaud for everyone, but not like that." I was Percy. He came up with the other boys.

"And, what do you mean by 'like that'?" I ask.

Percy shrugs. "Just that they really liked you. And that your probably going to get the roll."

Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!
Percy thinks I'm good!!

"Thanks."

"That means that they are going to have to kiss," Leo whispers, loudly. Me and Percy's heads both spin around at that.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well... if you get Katherine and Percy gets Jack, your going to kiss," Jason says, smirking. Actually, they're all smirking.

"Oh, I didn't think of that," I say. Percy scratch's the back of his neck and let's out a small chuckle.

"Well—" Percy begins.

"Next!" Mr. D's voice rings through out the auditorium.

"I guess that's me." I nod as he walks away.

"Ugh! The sexual tension is killing me!" Piper complains. This time I'm too happy to argue.

After the audition we go out to eat. We go to The Ocean Cafe.

"I'm serious! You were amazing, Percy! You could get any roll you wanted," I say.

"I wasn't amazing. But you, on the other hand, were so good! Your definitely getting Katherine!" Percy says.

"Whatever. Stop being modest."

"Hey, Annabeth. We never finish that stupid ELA project. And it's due in a few weeks. We really need to work on it. Want to do it tonight?" Percy starts blushing.

"We, actually never started it, but sure."

Percy's POV
After we eat, Annabeth and I head home.

"So... what book should we do the project on?" I ask trying to spark a conversation.

"Well... have you read the Peter Johnson books?" Annabeth asks.

"Only a million times! There so good!" I fanboy.

"That's what we should do our project on." Annabeth smiles.

After an hour of working I say, "Can we have a break? I'm bored."

"Percy..." Annabeth seems to be thinking about it.

"Please!" I give her my best seal eyes and she caves.

"Fine. What do you want to do?"

"We should watch a movie," I say. Annabeth rolls her eyes.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Finding Nemo!!!" I yell. (It's fine, though. Mom and Paul are on a date.)

"Come on. We saw that last time. Any other ideas?" she asks.

"How about a horror movie?"

"Okay, but what's it about?"

Annabeth's POV
I wonder what movie we are gong into watch. I thought Percy only knew little kid movies. Guess I was wrong. Wait a minute, I'm never wrong. What is a movie for a little kid that is a horror film?

"Well, there's a couple, right, and they're having kids. But they get attacked by a shark and it kills the whole family. Except the dad and one little boy. The dad name the boy the mom wanted, but he hated. Then the boy gets kidnapped. The dad is so scared. He travels the world to find the last member of his family. On the way, he meets someone who is a little crazy, but they become best friends. They find the son and save some animals, and all is well," Percy explains, trying (and honestly probably failing), to keep a straight face. I wonder what's so funny.

"Sounds pretty cool. What's it called?" I asks.

"Finding Nemo."

I burst out laughing. So does Percy. We laugh and laugh. It wasn't that funny, but now that I'm laughing here with him, I just can't seem to stop.

"Well... you kind of already agreed to watch it, so..." Percy smiles sheepishly.

"Fine." I roll my eyes, but this time I have a smile on my face.

The next day I get email for call backs. I know, right? It's insane.

That I get a text from an unknown number.

Hey, it's Percy

Piper gave me your number

Did you get an email for call backs

Percy? Why is he asking? More importantly, why did Piper give him my number? Is she trying to embarrass me?

Yeah. What about you?

Me to

Two things, one *too. Two use punctuation!

Fine. Me too.

*eye roll*

What?

I'm rolling my eyes, but you can't see so I'm telling you. Duh. *yet another, eye roll*

Ok.

*Okay.

Your so annoying!

*You're

Whatever. I give up.

So I win? Great. Bye.

I turn my phone off so, he can't text me to argue. Then I go to sleep, still thinking of Percy.