Chapter 8

(A/N this song has no importance to the story I just love it and the musical is so underrated!)

Percy's POV
"Fine. I'll go with you," Annabeth says crossing her arms.

"Thank you." I lead her over to my car. I open the door for her, then go over to the drivers side and get in.

"Why did you come and get me?"

"I already told you. It's dangerous to be–" she interrupts me.

"No. Why did you come and get me?" she asks again.

"I just needed to know that you were okay."

Annabeth's POV
Why did he care so much? Why did he care that I was okay? He didn't even know me that well.

I look out the window of Percy's car.

"So where do you live?" Percy asks me.

"My house is a block from your's. 123 Wood dr." I tell him as I get a text.

It's from my stepmom.

Where are you slut? We got home and your not here! What are you doing?

"Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!"

"What?" Percy asks keeping his eyes on the rode.

"I've got to get home! Now!"

"What? Why? Did something happen?" Percy looks off the road and sees how scared I am.

"I'm not letting you go home if your scared to. I won't. Come to my house and stay there. My mom won't mind. I won't let you go if your that scared to," Percy says this so matter-a-fact-ly. I can tell he cares.

"Why do you care so much?" I ask.

"You are staying at my house," Percy says, completely ignores my question.

"Your sure your mother won't mind?" I ask.

"If your that scared to go home then my mom would kill me if I let you go home."

"Fine." I cross my arms and look out the window.

Percy's POV
"Sooo... that was a crazy game of truth or dare," I want to talk about that kiss, but I don't know how.

"Leo cruel," She says bluntly.

"Was I really that bad?" I ask.

"Technically you weren't that bad, but I barely know you." I smile thinking about kissing Annabeth, again.

"So your saying if I knew you better then you would think about kissing me again."

"Don't push it."

Once we get home I realize I haven't told my mom Annabeth is staying. Oops.

"Mom! Hey, Mom!" I call out as soon as we enter the living room.

"Hey, Perce! Your home earlier than- oh hey Annabeth! Why are you here?" Annabeth motioned to me. I have to explain this?

"Well, Annabeth was really scared about going home for some reason, so I invited her here for the night. Is that okay?" I ask hoping she was okay with it.

"Of course, honey. Annabeth is everything okay for you at home? If you need to talk or stay another night you are always welcome," my mom says.

"Thank you Mrs. Jackson, but you barely know me I feel I must be intruding your home. If you ever feel like that please feel free tell me and I will leave."

"Nonsense! Percy is already talking about how much he likes-"

"Okay! Thank you for that Mom!" I interrupt. Annabeth and my mom are both laughing. Annabeth has such a cute laugh. She's a amazing.

"Likes food. Obviously. What else would I be talking about?" I glare at my mom.

"Well, Thank you so much Mrs. Jackson," Annabeth says, politely.

"Sally, please. And it's no trouble. We would love to have you." Annabeth smiles.

"Where will she stay?" I ask.

"First dinner! I made my famous lasagna!" We all smile.

"So what happened at the party?" Mom asks while we are eating.

"We played volleyball," I tell her.

"Did you win?"

"Me and Perce were on the same team, and we kicked butt!"

"And the after party? What happened there?" Me and Annabeth both blush madly.

"We played truth or dare," as Annabeth says this her face heats up even more. I can't talk, though, my face is probably even redder.

"Oh! Did anything exciting happen in that game?" Annabeth and I both glance at each other, then down at our food.

"You two had to kiss, didn't you?" We nod, but our gaze still locked on our food.

"How did you guess?" Annabeth asks.

"Moms are masters at it," Mom says smiling.

"I couldn't say I've had the experience of knowing that," Annabeth mumbles so my mom doesn't, hear I do. I glance at her and so seems to feel my gaze and she looks up. I'm caught in her gaze. Annabeth has the most beautiful eyes ever, but this time I see something else in them too. Longing. Longing for love. For hope. Longing for a mother.

"Who dared it?" Mom asks us.

"Leo," We day in unison.

"That's Leo for you. Did anyone else have to kiss?" Mom is too excited for this.

"Piper and Jason did. I don't know why they won't admit their feelings for each other. It's so obvious!" Annabeth says.

"I totally agree! Jason doesn't think Piper would ever like him. Which is crazy!" I add.

"Yeah, Piper doesn't think a popular boy would ever like her," Annabeth states, "Which is crazy! She is better than any popular boy or girl I've ever met!"

We keep talking about how Jason and Piper would be the perfect couple when Mom speaks up, "So, Percy. You never told me what happened at the dance. Anything exciting?" I see Annabeth blush. I don't really know why, but I answer Mom.

"There was this one girl. She was beautiful. I've never met anyone so beautiful. I never caught her name, but I can't stop thinking about her."

"Awwww!" Mom gushes, "What about you, Annabeth?"

"Well, there was this boy..." she trails off, smiling. I have to say I'm a little jealous. "He helped me get away from this jerk. He told me the truth about him. He might have saved me from being raped."

"Oh my gosh! Who was it? Are you okay?" Mom asks, worried. She had been raped as a kid so she knew what it was like.

"I'm fine. I think the guy who tried to rap me was Octavian... I don't know..." Annabeth answers.

My hand was spinning. Was it Annabeth who I saved? Was she talking about me? If she knew it was me would she still like me? BRAIN! Shut up! Your overreacting! Maybe it isn't even you. But maybe it is...

A/N
IMPORTANT!!!!

Hey! It's me! I'm not dead! I am sorry I haven't posted!

Even though there is like one or two people reading this. But it isn't a Wattpad if there isn't a long annoying authors note.

By the way. This isn't important!!!

Love your favorite author,
Kate!