Chapter 27

Luke's POV

Annie and Percy were super cute together.

And I seeing Annie again really made me remember how much I missed her. Let me tell you, it was a fucking lot.

Annie and I were best friends for years, but when I got put on a coma, she was already gone.

She probably really didn't want to see me because of what happened that night, but someone needed to stop what was going on.

Someone needed to stop Ethan.

And get Annie back.

I remember that night like it was yesterday.

We were at a party one of Ethan's friends house. Annabeth was wearing a short cocktail dress that was quite revealing at the top and quite revealing at the bottom.

Now, I'm not one to judge people's outfits. Wear what you want. But, Annabeth has been my friend since she was seven and she was practically my sister.

There was no way I was letting her wear that. Not around these sort of people.

She was standing on the table, drunk as hell, tease stripping the crowd of guys.

Animals.

Thalia was yelling at her to get off, but as the guys cheered her on and gave her more to drink, there was no getting through to her.

Ethan steppes on the table, grabbing her and started trailing kisses down her neck. He started unzipping her dress, and I finally stepped in.

No way am I gonna let these guys get live porn from my Annie.

Ripping Ethan off of her, I pushed him to the crowd, no one caught him. They were to busy booing me.

"Annabeth, what the hell are you doing?" I hissed.

"Having fun," she said, totally wasted. "You should try it sometime."

I grabbed her and pulled her off the table, away from the crowd. "Annie, come on. You know this isn't right. This isn't you."

"You don't know anything about me," she said.

"Yes, I do," I argue, then take a deep breath, trying to keep calm. "I know you, Annie. I know that you love to read and you love to learn. I know that you care about people. I know you want to get into a good college. And it has to be out of state. You don't want to be close to your family at all.

"I know that after your mom died you fell into a state of depression, but know one believed you so you ran away. I know hat it took years to get passed that.

"I know that the only reason you're dating Ethan is you think he's the only person that could love you, but he's not. I love you. Thalia loves you. Travis, Connor, Katie, they love you, too. You don't have to do this for him. You don't have to date him because other people care about you.

"Annie-" when I said that, she looked me in the eyes "-please. Come back to us."

Tears pricked at her eyes, but stopped when Ethan showed up, slow clapping. "Beautiful speech, buddy, but Annie here would rather stay. She loves this sort of stuff. And you know what? People change. She what if she's not a nerd. Annabeth doesn't care about you. Right, babe?"

"Annie..."

"I have to go," she says. "I need a some time alone." Annabeth grabs Ethan's keys from his pocket and Ethan smirks.