Chapter 9

Annabeth's POV
The rest of dinner Percy seemed a little nervous. I don't know why, but he just wasn't himself. I walk in to the living room to find him sitting on the couch, staring at his hands. I walk over.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask Percy while his mom is in the kitchen cleaning. Percy jumps at the sound of my voice. He looked up. As soon as his eyes meet mine Percy looks down again.

"Nothing," Percy says. He looks so confused. What happened?

"Hey, Percy? What happened? Did I do something?" I ask. I'm worried.

"Just thinking. I never really thought about the dance. That whole night was so confusing. I never really had time to think it through. I'm so confused," Percy says.

"That didn't answer my question. Did I do something wrong?" I demand.

"I don't know anymore. I'm not really sure of anything right now..." Percy says taking his head out of his hands.

I was about to answer when sally came in, "Hey. What are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing," me and Percy say at the same time.

"Okay, well I've found the room you should sleep in. Zoe's room," Sally says. Percy's face falls.

"Who's Zoe?" I ask. As soon as I say that I regret it.

"My best friend. She didn't have a good home life so we adopted her. She lived with us. Before..." Percy trails off. He looks as if he might cry. Sally comes up to save the day.

"Zoe was really important to us, but the room isn't in use right now. You can use it any time you want. Remember that," Sally tells me.

"Thank you so so much. Really. I am truly great full. But... I don't have to stay in that room. I could sleep on the couch if you'd rather," I offer.

"Nonsense! Zoe's room would be so much more comfortable. I insist," sally says. I smile at her, great fully. I look at Percy and he smiles. Maybe he isn't mad about me staying in Zoe's room. I still feel bad, though.

"Come on, Annie! I really don't care," Percy says, as if reading my mind. I smile.

"Okay. Where is the room?" I ask.

"Come on! Don't you want to stay up for a little while longer? We can watch a movie. Or okey a game. Or what ever you want," Percy says.

"Okay. Let's do it!" I say. Percy smiles.

"Y'all can stay up, but I'm going to bed. Have fun!" Sally says. I smile at her as she leaves. I turn to Percy and catch him staring at me. He blushes and looks away.

"So... what movie do you want to watch?" I ask.

After a long debate we decide on Everything, Everything. I have read the book and had been wanting to see the movie. Now is a perfect time.

"Okay, so remind me again what this is about..." Percy says as he gets popcorn.

"Well, Maddy is supposedly sick. Really sick. She can't go out side or she could die. So she has never been out side. Of course, like anyone would be, she is curious about the world. Her mom won't let her out side no matter what. That all changes when she meets Olly. Somehow they fall in love. Maddy ends up going out side, and, well... you'll see," I explain.