Chapter 24

Percy's POV

I'm so glad that we're all close again. It's been weird without Annabeth, which is odd because she's only been our friends for a short period of time. I guess we all just fit.

Though, Annabeth seems to have something on her mind. I don't wanna bring it up while we're in a group because that would be really awkward, but we're almost always with the group. And when we aren't, I don't know when to bring it up. I don't want to ruin our alone time. Besides, she probably doesn't want to talk about it and I don't want to annoy her.

"Hey, Percy! You ready for rehearsal today?" Jason says, with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, but what's got you in such a good a mood?"

Jason shrugs, but his smile remains. "I don't know, everything seems to be going right. Annabeth's back and we're all friends again. Also, I think Piper might actually likes me back, so I might ask her out to the next dance."

The dance.

How could I forget about the dance? And that girl from the dance? That feels like so long ago, but I remember that girl like it was yesterday. She was so pretty and funny. She kind of reminds me of Annabeth, come to think of it. What am I to do? I think I like that girl from the dance to, but I love Annabeth.

"You didn't forget, did you? This is your first dance with someone who is actually sane in a while," Jason says. "Well, you'll have some really weird friends there, too, but still."

"I might have forgot, but I'll be ready when it comes around," I tell him.

"Good because it's this Friday," Jason says. When he says this, Jake walks over to me. Jake's a kid on the swim team with me. He's cool and we're sort of friends, but we aren't close. We usually only talk during swim.

"Hey, Percy," Jake says. I nod my head in response. "I was just wondering if you knew when the tryouts for swim are because I've got this friend moving here and he does swim. He was wondering."

"Oh, yeah. It's next Saturday." He nods with a smile and walks off.

"So, time for rehearsal?" Jason asks and I smile.

"Hey, Percy," Annabeth says and I give her a hug. She has a huge smile on her face for the first time today. "I'm so excited for rehearsal! I haven't been in a musical since Freshman year, but I remember it. And I loved it!"

I chuckle. "Well, I hope it's as great as you you remember." I didn't know it was possible, but Annabeth's smile grew. She looked adorable.

"Annabeth!" Piper says, interrupting our conversation. It's been like this all day. The second I start talking to Annabeth, someone else thinks it's a great idea to start talking as well.

Piper pulls Annabeth into a conversation with Hazel about the musical. I turn my attention to the boys conversation. They're talking about football.

"So, since the season was delayed because of a a drug break out at one of the schools, our first game is this Thursday," Frank says, with a wide smile on his face. Frank was amazing at football and he loved it. He was a real sweet guy and all, but he was a monster on the field.

"Finally," Jason says. "It feels like it's been forever since we played."

"Oh, stop being dramatic. We played this morning," Leo says, referring to practice.

"But actually, what should had the drug our break?" I ask.

"I don't know. I think it was Southville High. I heard the football team was band, so some of the guys that didn't have the drugs a mad as fuck. I heard a lot of them are transferring," Frank says.

"Here?" Leo asks, shocked.

"Some, maybe." Frank nods.

"What are y'all talking about?" Annabeth asks asks coming up from behind me. The rest of the girls follow her.

"Oh, the football season that's starting this Friday. It was delayed because of a drug thing at some other school," I respond.

"Some of the kids might be transferring here," Jason adds.

Annabeth nods. "What high school?"

"Southville," Leo jumps in.

"Southville?" Annabeth questions. "Isn't that school like really prestigious? Wow, I never would have guessed that it would be there."

"That's what I was thinking," Frank says. "It's crazy, those things never happen at those sorts of school. I would have guess our school had drugs before I would have guessed theirs."

"I mean, there is drugs at this school," Leo pipes up. "It's just everyone who has them is t dumb enough to get caught like they are at Southville." I nod slightly, with a shrug. That sounds like Goode.

"Hello, everyone!" Mr. Solace says. "First off, is like to welcome you all. Theatre is a magical thing and it's amazing to share it with you.

"Second, I have a haiku for this occasion!" Some people looked confused, but most of us groaned because Mr. Solace is horrible at haikus. "Here it is." He clears his throat.

"Haikus are cool,
But sometimes they don't make sense,
Refrigerator."

Mr. Solace stands up and bows, as if were curtain call. Some new kids, including Annabeth, clap awkwardly.

"Thank you, thank you! I know, it was marvelous," Mr. Solace says, while he takes his final bow.

"Now, lets get started," he says. "First off, our understudy for Katherine quit, so we'll have to audition for that again because, sadly, Drew will not be joining us for this musical." Ah, shit. I forgot she existed.

"Those will be held next Friday, if you would like to watch. Our Katherine." He fumbles with the cast sheet in his hand, probably looking for Annabeth's name. "Annabeth, will be required to be there, though."

"Will that be torture?" Annabeth whispers to me, as Mr. Solace continues to talk about things we all either know or don't care.

I chuckle, lightly. "Probably, but I'll be there with you." Annabeth smiles, with a quiet gasp.

"Ah, really? You'd do that for me?" I nod and laugh at her excitement. "Thanks, Percy. You're the best boyfriend ever!"

"I won't be there, though," Leo says. "Sorry. I might have a date next Friday." Annabeth laughs, but I roll my eyes.

For one thing, like Leo's going to get a date. And another, this was a me and Annabeth moment.

"It's okay, Leo. I think Percy will be plenty of company," Annabeth says. She glances at me with a huge smile on her face. I don't think I've ever seen her as happy for anything like she is for rehearsal. That metals all of the annoyance I feel because of my friends away.

"So, let's start with a read through today," Mr. Solace says. He claps his hands together and everyone walks over to grab a script off his table.