Chapter 32

Annabeth's POV

Kronos Lawerence is, by far, the worst person I have ever met.

He was the leader of a gang Ethan had gotten me involved in all those years ago. I was lucky enough to escape it when I moved.

Or I thought I did.

Kronos Lawerence lead his gang with an iron fist, and he ran the city the same way, too, whether or not the citizens knew. He had every business owner and government worker under his thumb.

He always got what he wanted.

Well, not always.

Because one thing Kronos Lawerence would never get, was me.

He never even got me on his side.

Even when I was in his gang, I would do things my way, trying to be better than the rest of them. This resulted in us having to spend a lot of time together for my punishments. A lot.

He spent more time with me than was necessary or I was comfortable with. But he was comfortable. Real comfortable.

That creep.

Ethan, of course, knew what was going on, he just found it amusing. When I first told him he said, "Don't you think I know that? I thought you'd be happy that two people are actually willing to be with you."

I was not happy.

The Stoll brother's are actually the ones who figured out what was going on.

They weren't happy, either.

Thalia was the one who figured out I was in the gang used to be apart of, but the Stoll's couldn't leave well enough alone and they had to figure out what else was happening. He told them group.

None of them were happy.

But Luke...

Oh, Luke was furious.

I didn't even know they knew or I would have advised against the idiotic thing Luke did next.

He thought it was the best idea for him the attack the biggest gang leader in the country.

The next time I saw him, he was in the hospital.

But Kronos did have a black eye, so that's a good thing.

But Luke attacking didn't make it any better.

It made everything so much worse.

Kronos wasn't hurt, he was mad.

Luke was both, but there was no way he was going to do anything now, right?

Right?

Wrong.

You see, I was still apart of the gang and wasn't leaving anytime soon. I didn't see much wrong with it. Sure, I hate Kronos, but that was one person through out everyone else. And everyone else was a family.

That's what I wanted.

No, that's what I needed.

But Luke didn't understand that. So, Luke stormed into the gang meeting, along with the Stolls and Thalia.

When they crashed, we were gathered talking about our next raid. I was sitting in Ethan's lap, while he trailed kisses down my neck.

Kronos had guard type people ready to attack them, but this time, Luke was ready. He had brought a gun and shot anyone in his way. Now, this didn't really stop the gang, but they didn't stop Luke.

Luke did whatever it took and a month later of days similar to that one, Luke finally got what he wanted. Me out of there.

I just didn't track to him for weeks.

Eventually, Luke had had enough of that and he stormed into my house and we sat on my bed and talked for hours. After a lot of shouting, crying, and hugging, I concluded that Luke was doing the right thing.

"I just wanted a family," I had said though tears.

He smiled, lightly. "When are you gonna get it,  we are you're family. The Stolls, Thalia. Me. Definitely me."

We smiled and hugged.

Luke was my family, now and forever.

But that was years ago.

Now, I was alone with Kronos. I had no one to protect me.

I had no family.

Luke wasn't here.

Percy wasn't here.

Percy...

Oh, how I missed Percy.

I never even realized how much I loved him. Not until I didn't have him.

I wanted nothing more than to see him, even if it would just be one last time, saying good bye.

But Kronos would never allow it.

Kronos only cared about himself.

He had me locked in a cell, underneath what was probably another gang safe house.

He had gotten what he wanted a few hours ago and left me chained to the floor. If I knew Kronos at all, he'd be back in a few hours. I had that long to escape.

If Kronos had left even a single nail loose, I could get it out of the wall and make my escape.

But Kronos was smarter than that.

He had known me well enough to see I could get out of anything that wasn't top of the line. So he made sure I wouldn't get out of here.

But that wouldn't up don't stop me for trying.

After a few hours, I clasped due to exhaustion. Then I heard some slick laughter and a slow round of applause.

"I must say, Darling, I'm impressed. I thought you'd give up hours ago," Kronos comments, coming near the door of the cell.

"I will never give up trying to escape you," I spit out.

He doesn't feel threatened at all, he just laughs. "See this is why you are such a prize. Your spirit," Kronos says. "Many girls these days don't have that. Always nice to find someone who does. You know they'll be the best." He reaches his hand in my cell and strokes my cheek, I try my best to lean away, but the chain keep me from going far.

"You see, some girls, while some girls are easy. They don't have that fire I see in you." Kronos smirks. "They would never fight the way you do."

"Your sick." I glare daggers at him.

Kronos chuckles. "While that may be, Darling, but you love it." He unlocks the cell and shuts the door behind him.

"And no matter what you do or what you want," he whispers coming way to close to my ear. "I will have you. And you will be mine."

"I will never be yours," I say, trying to push him off.

Kronos grabs my wrist and glares at me, I gasp at the sudden contact. I try to pull my hand away, by he keeps an iron grip. "And who else would want you? Who else cares for you? Even your father wanted to get you away. No one loves you. No one wants you, except me."