Chapter 22

Annabeth's POV

I walk to the bathroom, but I feel eyes on my back. I assume it's Percy, so I don't turn back, knowing how embarrassing it can be to get caught staring. Though, I don't see why Percy's staring at me.

I get to the bath room and set the clothes Sally gave me on the counter, next to the sink. I look up into the mirror, but I barely recognize the girl staring back at me. I've got smeared makeup covering my face that makes it look like I just went to a party and made out with  five guys. And I look at the shirt I'm wear. That- that makes me look like I just had sex.

I'm other words, I look like a slut. I am a slut.

I grab a makeup wipe from underneath the sink and begin to take of my makeup.

I look at myself in the mirror, taking in all my flaws. Well, I guess not all of them. There are too many to count.

I un-dress and turn on the water for a shower. I step in and immediately the hot water rushing down my skin calms me.

My curly hair straightens out when the water hits it. Almost instantaneously it is twice the length it usually is. I run my fingers throw my hair, which is only possible in a shower.

I look around and see Sally's shampoo and conditioner. I pour some into my hand and lather it all over.

I then grab the body wash, which I notice is lemon. The kind I always use. Apparently, it keeps away spiders, which I'm deathly afraid of.

I step out of the shower and grab a towel. I try my best to dry my curly hair with the towel but it just doesn't let me, so I leave it to air dry. I grab the clothes Sally had handed to me and for the first time, I look at them.

Oh, no.

The shorts look to be some of Sally's, but the shirt...

The shirt is Percy's.

It looks, maybe, a year of two old, but it is definitely Percy's.

Seriously, Sally? I trusted you!

I sigh and pull on the clothing.

The shorts are almost a perfect fit, but because I'm so small, the shirt swallows me up.

I hate this.

Percy is go in going to think I look ugly. Ugh!

I slowly walk out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I see they're not in there so I begin to walk to the living room.

Before I get there, I hear Sally squeal.

"Mom!" Percy yells, as I walk in. The pair doesn't notice me. Sally continues to laugh, whereas Percy just blushes.

"Mom, we're teenagers! We are in high school. We haven't thought about kids yet," Percy complains. I'm shocked when I hear this. My eyes go wide. We're they talking about Percy and I having kids? Getting married? I blush lightly at that.

"I'm just saying... I'll start keeping a list of names now!" Sally states, excitedly. I'm really not sure if she's joking or not.

"Hey, guys," I say, not wanting to hear this conversation any farther. Percy looks up at me and blushes so deeply. His eyes widen as he looks me up and down. I start getting nervous.

Does he not like me? Does he not like what I'm wearing? What if he doesn't like that I'm wearing his old shirt? Oh, no.

"Hi, Annabeth," Sally says with a smile. Percy smiles at me blushing.

Percy's POV

Oh, shit.

What if Annabeth heard Mom saying those things about kids? What if she be creeped out? Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit!

"H- hey, Annabeth," I stutter. I look her up and down. I notice she's wearing one of my old swim shirts. Even though it's a few years old, it's still HUGE on her. That just makes her cuter. Annabeth looks better in it than I ever did.

Annabeth and I stare at each other for a few awkward seconds, before Mom butts in. "I'm going to sleep. You're welcome to anything in the kitchen for dinner. Good night." Mom let's out an obliviously fake yawn.

"Good night, Mom," I mumble.

"Good night, Sally. Sleep well," Annabeth says, smiling at her. Mom walks to her bedroom, while Annabeth joins me on the couch. Or more like, on the other side of the couch.

"Um, how much of that conversation did you hear?" I ask her. Annabeth blushes a deep shade of crimson.

"Uh- um- not much," Annabeth stutters out. I chuckle, though I'm just trying to cover up my embarrassment.

"I would like to say, I didn't bring that up." Annabeth giggles and looks down at her lap. She's playing with her fingers. It's so cute when she does that. It makes me wonder what's going on inside her head.

"I wouldn't care," Annabeth says. "You know, if you did bring it up." I blush at Annabeth's comment. Was she really thinking that far into the future? Did she want us to get married and become parents together? Man, I love her.

"So, Annabeth." I try to stay calm, but really my heart is going a mile a minute just because I'm looking at her adorable face. "What do you want to do?"

"Uh, I don't know," Annabeth says.

"We could watch a movie!" I exclaim.

"No," Annabeth says. "No, no, no, I am NOT watching Finding Nemo, again." I laugh.

"Fine, what do you want to watch?" I ask her.

"I don't know, we could watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower," she asks.

"What?"

"Oh, it's about this guy, Charlie, who is a socially awkward teen. He makes some new friends who show him how great life is or whatever. He discovers he wants to be a writer," she says. "It was a book, too. Though, I never read it. I really want to, I just haven't gotten to it." I see her blush slightly and look down at her lap. "I know, I'm a nerd."

I put my hand on her cheek, forcing her to look up at me. "Well, I like nerds." Annabeth smiles, shyly, when I say this.

"I really do love you, Percy Jackson," she says. This makes me smiles.

"And I really do love you, Annabeth Chase."

A/N
Hello!

It's been a while, but I finally posted!! Y'all proud of me?

I hope you liked this chapter.

Love, Kate