Chapter 4

Annabeth's POV
After school I go to the front to meet Percy. Once I get there he's already waiting.

I walk up to him, but before he sees me Drew does. She glares at me and walks over to Percy. Drew grabs him and kisses him. And let me be the first to say Percy looks really, really uncomfortable. Like he wants to leave. Like he hated her as much as I did... which is really saying something.

Percy pushes away from Drew. She looks a little hurt. Which I must say I'm enjoying.

Drew opens her mouth like she is about to say something but then Percy spots me and shouts, "Hey, Annabeth! Time to work on homework. Sorry Drew I've got to go,"

It didn't sound like he was to sorry about leaving Drew... Percy walk over to me and Drew crosses her arms and storms off angrily. I smile inside of myself.

"Hey," Percy says, "Time to go?"

I nod and Percy leads me to his car.

"So your mom is okay with me just coming after school? Did you even tell her?" I ask when we get to the car.

"Well," Percy sits down before answering, "she really doesn't care as long as I'm doing something for school. And no I didn't tell her."

I wish my mom didn't care if I brought friends over. I would probably get hit if I even asked. Percy's mom must be really cool.

Percy's POV
The car ride with Annabeth was really quiet. It wasn't weird like I thought it would bethough, it was the kind of like as if we were friends just on a ride. I really liked it.

Plus the ride gave me time to think. I don't know why but to me it seems like Drew is jealous. Of Annabeth. Why she was I had no idea. Sure, she had beautiful princess curls and gorgeous eyes, but I had just met her today. Did Drew really believe I was going to dump her because of Annabeth? Frankly that would be quite stupid.

I keep sneaking glances at Annabeth, and to be quite honest I think I saw her looking me too.

"Mom! I'm home!" I call once we reach the house. I swing my bag down on the couch and Annabeth sets her's carefully by the door.

"Percy! How was your first day at school? Did you like your teachers- oh! Who are you?" my mom asks Annabeth.

"I'm Annabeth. I'm working with Percy on a school project. I'm so sorry if I'm intruding. I'll go if you want," Annabeth says the last part like she's scared of my mom.

"Oh no. It's fine. I was just wondering," my mom smiles at Annabeth.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Jackson," Annabeth says with a smile.

"Oh, call me Sally!"

My mom leaves and I look at Annabeth, and raise an eyebrow, "Why are you so happy to stay? Excited to spend time with me?"

"In your dreams," she says with a snort.

Annabeth's POV
Percy sitting across from me with a lopsided smile makes me forget about this project. He is just so handsome... I mean cool. Yeah, cool. That's it.

"So... what books have you read?" I ask trying to get this project started.

"We should do something fun before we start. We just got here. We could watch a movie or I don't know. Anything," Percy says. I roll my eyes.

"Like I would want to spend anymore time with you than I have to," I say crossing my arms. Percy gives me puppy dog eyes. But they look more like seal eyes. I roll my eyes one more time.

"Fine. But nothing long," I say glaring at him.

"Of course, your majesty," Percy says sarcastically with a bow. Roll my eyes again and sit down on the couch.

"What are we going to watch?" I ask him.

"Finding Nemo!" he looks so excited.

I raise an eyebrow and but I say, "Fine."

At the end of the movie I realize I've got a text. Oh no. It's from Helen.

"Oh no! Oh no! This can't be happening!"

"What's going on?" Percy ask with concern.

"Nothing. I just... uh... have to go," I say and rush out of the door scared of what's going to happen when I get home.

Percy's POV
"Hey Perce. Where did that girl go?" my mom asks.

"Oh, she had to go home," I say hoping she doesn't see how upset I am.

"Oh no. Why?" my mom loves to pry.

"I don't know. I wish she could have stated," I say honestly.

My mom drops the pot she was holding and turns to look me in the eyes, "You like her!"

"Wh- What? No! We were only working on a project for school. I wish we could have started the project," I tell her.

"After that whole time you didn't even start? What were you two doing?"

"We were watching finding Nemo."

She smiles when I say that and goes back to making dinner.

Annabeth's POV
The next day at school I had to wear long sleeves and jeans. Plus a light coat of makeup and I could still see the scars from yesterday.

"Annie!" I hear Piper call as I walk in to school.

"Don't call me that," I tell her as Piper and Hazel walk up to join me.

"Whatever. Did you hear Drew? What she said 'bout yesterday? She is insanely mad! You have made yourself an enemy," Piper informs me.

"Why I must say that's one of the quickest enemy's I've made through out my years. But all my enemy's are usually all the same. Bitches," I tell her.

"Well, then you've found the worst bitch of them all," Hazel tells me. I smile at that.

"Hey, what was that dance she was talking about yesterday?" I ask them.

"Oh. That's the back to school dance. We have a dance for everything at this school. It's insane," Hazel tells me. I nod thoughtfully.

"It's also a masquerade ball is the theme. Which would be fun, but we have to dress formal. Plus all the dances are just basically just to see who is the cutest couple. Not really for singles like us," Piper looks disappoint when she says this.

"Well, what if us singles go together. It'll be more fun just going as friends!" I say not really believing it, but not knowing what else to say.

"That could be fun!" they say in unison. We all start laughing.

"Come on! Let's get to class," Hazel says and we start to walk off.

A/N
Hey! Sorry for not posting even though there is only like four people reading this.

If you are reading this then thanks!

Sincerely, me.