Chapter 23

Annabeth's POV

Percy and I spend the weekend together and we became closer than we ever were before. I had snuck home when my family was away and grabbed some clothes so I could stay at Percy's for a while. Sally was nice enough to let me stay.

But now it's time to go back to school. I have to face Ethan again. I have to see my friends again.

I wonder if they'll believe me when I tell them what really happened. Percy told me that Ethan had told Piper I hated them and didn't want to be their friend. That guy is sick. I hate that I dated him in the first place.

"Hey, Annabeth? What are we going to tell everyone?" Percy asks.

"Oh, I don't know," I say, honestly. " I've been think about it all weekend, but I've got no clue." I'm so worried that no matter what I say they won't forgive me.

Percy sees my destress and pulls me out of my thoughts. "Hey, it'll be okay. They'll forgive you. They'll be happy you want to be their friend again. I'm sure of it." I smile weakly at him as he kisses my forehead.

"Annabeth! Percy! Time for school!" Sally calls from the kitchen. Percy smiles at me and grabs my hand. We run down stairs and head out the door.

"Are you ready?" Percy asks. I smile and nod, weakly. It's all I had the strength to do. I really didn't know what to expect when I went up to them.

"Hey, Percy!" Jason says from across the hall. I notice they don't see me because of everyone around me. Wow, I'm so short. I used to be tall, but it seems like everyone just shot up past me.

"Have you hear from Annabeth?" Hazel asks, softly.

"I have, actually," Percy says, as we approach them. They still haven't seen me, somehow. Though, I guess that's kind of on me. I sort of hiding behind Percy, so they can't see me. I don't want to know if they don't forgive me. I would hate that.

"Really?" Piper asks, jumping up in front of the group. "What did she say?"

"Well, I actually saw her at the party..." Percy's voice trails off.

"Really? What did she say?" Frank asks. It's odd that he's this interested. I mean, sure, we were friends, but he never really talked to me. He and Hazel were always off in their own little world.

"Well... you should ask her," Percy says. We're almost to the group, but they still haven't seen me. I'm so nervous.

"Ask her? Percy, you know she won't talk to us," Piper says, she looks down at her feet.

"I know, and I'm sorry about that," I say. Piper looks up quickly and smiles at first, but that smile soon falls.

"You see, Ethan wouldn't let me talk to y'all. I really wanted to, but he said if I did, he'd hurt me, worse than he already had," I explain. Hazel looks really upset by this, whereas Piper looked as though she wanted to kill him.

"He tried to hurt you?" Hazel whispers, her voice shaking. I nod, wordlessly.

"That bitch," Piper growls. Percy motions for me to continue the story.

"Later, at the party, Ethan tried to- he tried to get me to-" I stopped. I just couldn't say it. Percy steps beside me and wraps me into hug.

"Long story short, Ethan's a creep and they're no longer together," Percy says, rather protective. Piper smirks and glances between Percy and I.

"Are y'all two, like, a thing now?" she asks. The whole gang looks at us curiously. Were they thinking the same thing? I wonder.

I look at Percy, not knowing what to say. Percy just smiles and nods. As if I'm supposed to know what that means.

I sigh and take a wild guess.

"Yeah, we are," I say, hopeful that they will be happy for us.

The group is silent for a minute, until piper speaks up.

"Oh my gosh!" Piper bursts. "Finally!" After Piper says everyone else joins in congratulating us like e we just won the Nobel Prize.

"Percy, I think it's time we had the talk," Leo says to Percy. I quietly laugh, but Percy doesn't hear. I watch as Percy's embarrassment rises.

"You see, birds and bees-" Leo is cut off by Percy shoving him into a locker.

"Hey, Percy, why'd you do that?" Jason asks. "Seems like it's something you need to hear." At this, it's not just Percy who becomes embarrassed. My cheeks heat up so much, I feel like they're on fire.

"Shut up, Jason," Piper says, playfully. It's nice to see she's grown more comfortable talking to Jason. They were never going to get together at that rate.

Oh, who am I kidding? I would never let that happen.

"Hey, y'all aren't far behind," I say, motioning to the to of them. This pushes them in to silence. I turn to say splashing about Hazel and Frank, but they're just in their own little world. I don't was ruin that.

"Well, on another note, rehearsals start today for Newsies!" Jason says, turning the conversation.

"Oh, I completely forgot about that!" I say, remembering when I checked the cast list. I had been avoiding it all day because I knew Ethan wouldn't have let me do it.

I was so excited when I got Katherine, but also super nervous because Percy got Jack. I mean, on course he did, but still.

"I'm so excited!" Piper says. She got Medda Larkins. "This is going to be so much fun!" Piper jumped on Hazel and I, giving us the biggest hugs ever.

The bell rings and we all head to are class. I'm so glad that they forgave me because I don't know what I would have done without them. They're great friends and I don't know what I would do without them. Seriously.

Though, I do kind of miss my old friends from Freshman year. I can't believe it's been four years, yet I still remember them like it was yesterday.

Thalia Grace was a total badass. No one got close to her unless they were her best friends or family. She had her black hair cut really short. She was so cool.

Katie Gardener loved gardening and singing. Her and I were always in the musicals and choir. She was so sweet. She had long brown hair and it was almost always in a braid. Both her and Thalia were beautiful, but in completely different ways.

Travis and Connor Stoll were twin and huge trouble makers, but they could always change to a sweet kids if you needed it. It's kind of Ike Leo. They also had messy brown hair that made them super cute. I actually dated Connor in middle school, but we decided we were better off as friends.

They all hated Ethan. Which, I can't blame them for. Ethan was and will always be a bitch.

A/N
Hello! Nice to see you again!

I hope you like the chapter and how the character are finally friends again.

Also, the musicals coming back! I sort of forgot about it for awhile. Oops?

Bye.
-Kate!