Chapter 18

Ethan's POV

Annabeth ditched me for Perry? Or what ever his name is. I think it's something like that...

Anyway, how is anyone going to believe we are dating if that guy keeps flirting with her? I mean, what does she even see in him? He's not even that hit. I'm way better.

Annabeth loved being popular back in Freshman year. She loved being on top. But we make one mistake, and she changes everything.

Annabeth doesn't even want to date me. Can you believe that?

I mean sure, last time we dated we were in a gang and she almost got arrested, but still. I still deserve a second chance. Right?

I may have broken the law a few times, but I'm still a good person. For the most part, at least.

"Hey, Ethan, right?" Piper comes up behind me.

"Yeah. What do you want?" I ask, harsh.

"Well, I was wondering if you could ask Annabeth why she hasn't been talking to us. I mean, everything was fine, then she just sort of shut us out." Piper looks guilty, but also confused. I guess she really cares about Annabeth.

"What Annie told me, is that you are just to much of losers for a girl like her to hang out with. She doesn't want to hang out with some one that lame." I stock up my nose to her. She let's out a shocked gasp. I smirk a little at her reaction.

Piper's POV

"What Annie told me, is that you are just to much of losers for a girl like her to hang out with. She doesn't want to hang out with some one that lame." I gasp, slightly.

Lame? Loser? Annabeth has always been so nice, does she really think this about me?

"Are you sure?" I ask Ethan.

"Yes," Ethan says, sounding sure of himself. My eyes begin to water. "Hey, I'm sorry. It's her words, not mine." Once the words leave his mouth, I'm sure I'm going to cry. But I don't want to break down in front of him.

"Okay. Thanks, I guess." I begin to walk off, but Ethan stops me.

"Hey, and Piper?"

"Yeah?" I ask, hopeful. Maybe this was all a joke.

"She told me she doesn't want any of you to talking to her. Ever again." I gasp. What did I do wrong?

"Okay." My voice shakes. "I will tell everyone else." I run away, fast, so I Ethan can't see me cry.

Once I get home, I run straight to my room. I begin to sob into my pillow.

I thought I was her friend. What did I do wrong?

I cry my self to sleep that night. I couldn't believe she had said those things about me.

Hazel's POV

"Then he told me she doesn't want to hang out with us. Ever," Piper explains. She is telling the group what Ethan has told her yesterday.

Ince she finishes, I can't hold it back. I begin to cry. Sob, actually.

Frank pulls me into a hug. And even though Annabeth basis all those horrible things, Frank's hug still puts a small smile on my face.

The rest of the group is full of people who are confused and look like they're just trying to take it in.

All except Percy, that is.

"Fuck that shit. There's no way she said those things," Percy says, deadpan. "Yesterday, she was having fun with me. What ever Ethan tells you is complete bull shit." Percy crosses his arms.

"I don't know, Percy. Ethan sounded like he really did feel bad," Piper tells him. It's obvious she doesn't want to get her hopes up that Annabeth does want to be our friend.

"Are you sure? Maybe you heard him wrong," I tell her.

Piper nods. "Yeah, I'm sure. I'm so sorry, Perce, but I am sure, guys." A single tear fall out of her eyes and on to the floor.

"This can't be true. This is a bull shit. I'm telling you," Percy argues. He doesn't want to believe it, but I could see his eyes filling to the brim, about to pour out every where.

"I'm so sorry, Percy." Piper hangs her head in sorrow.

"No, no, no! This isn't true! Annabeth loves us and wants to be our fitness. She would never say those things," Percy cries. The tears start to fall, against his obvious tries to make them go away. Percy really does care about Annabeth. I don't think he will be the same without her. They grew so close, in such a short amount of time. I can't believe they were torn a part like this.

"Percy, it will be okay," Leo says, walking over to him. He puts a supportive hand on his back. "Annabeth will come back to you, man, I swear."

"I- I need her..." Percy says. We all give him confused looks. "I- I think I love her. I think I'm in love with Annabeth Chase."

"Well, shit," Leo mumbles.

Percy's POV

"Bro, are you sure you are in love with her?" Jason asks.

"I- I think am. No, I know I am. Annabeth Chase is my soulmate," I explain. "But she hates me. The love of my life hates me."

"That's not true. I'm sure of it," Hazel tells me. I shake my head.

"No, she hates me. And she should. Annabeth- she's, she's perfect. She deserves the world, and I can't give that to her." I hang my head. "I don't deserve her."

"Percy, I'm sure she loves you, too," Frank tells me.

"Who? Who loves you, Percy?" Annabeth asks me, coming from behind us.

I glance at her, but I turn away. I can't face her. I just realized how much I love her, and she hates me. How could I face her?

"No one," I mumble. I turn towards the door and walk out. I can't spend a day at school were everything reminds me of her.

Annabeth Chase is t only my soulmate, she is my weakness. You know what they say, love is weakness. I can't be by her knowing she will never feel the same way I do. I just can't.