SIX

18|09|2017

Carlos' P.O.V

Sitting at home in my living room kicking it with the guys or whatever, we were playing some Fortnight you know, just like old times.

"Bro you cheating!" Chad shouted upset.

"Nigga you just mad because I beat your black ass," Jason respond doing a Fortnight dance.

I zoned them out as I think back to running into Aaliyah for the second time a week ago. I just can't shake the thought of her hating me out of my head. Even though I made a bet on her in high school, I actually grew genuine feelings for her. But when I tried to win her back she wasn't having it. I mean, I don't blame her I just wished God would've given us a second chance you know? I really did love her and if I'm being honest I still do it's just life got in the was and it just wasn't the same after my father passed. She mentioned to me that I left and went back to my dad which is true but what she didn't know was that he was sick and dying. That's why I went back. It was the only time I had to spend with him in his last days. I even transferred schools to be closer to him for the remainder of high school. I just thought that since I had nothing besides my mom in Georgia that it would be fine if I left. Aaliyah wasn't talking to me so what's the point? I just really wish she'd just listen to what I have to say.

Pulling me out of my own thoughts, Jason lightly shook my shoulder, "Aye man you good?" He asked concern on his face and in his voice.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah man I'm straight." He did look convinced one bit. I mean if any nigga knows me well it's him. We been best friends since diapers. We were always together always causing trouble or mayhem when we came around. J and I met Chad in elementary school and we've all been close friends since then but J and I are like brothers so I know he knows something is wrong.

"Ayo Chad, we gone be right back," he said eying me tilting his head towards the patio doors. I sighed and got up.

"Fellas I think I'm gonna bounce. You know handle some business." He dapped Carlos up then turned to Jason.

"Yeah, you about to get some goods." He smirked at him as they dapped telling each other some crazy shit.

Once he was gone we made our way to the patio. I took a seat and so did he.

"What's been going on with you man?" He asked lighting a blunt.

"Man I saw her." He passed the blunt to me. Confusion contoured his face.

"Who?" He asked.

I took a long hit then passed it back to him.

"Aaliyah man." I blew out a breath. He didn't catch on at first but when he did, his eyes widened.

"Ole girl from high school? The one you bet on with Chad's stupid ass?" He asked I nodded giving him confirmation.

He takes a hit and passed it to me. "Well shit how she look nigga?" He coughed a little.

"She looked good bro. I can't even lie she looked good." I smirked to myself just thinking about how she looked the last time I saw her. I took one last hit and passed it back to him.

"So she's got your feelings all over huh?"

"Man I love that girl. And the sad part is, she won't even talk to me bruh. She hates me." I sighed shaking my head looking down.

"So you've tried talking to her? Where'd you see her?" He asked putting the blunt out.

"Yeah I did, twice. First at the club Leviticus and then at Rituals a week ago. When I saw her at Rituals the last thing she told me was to forget that we ever met."