THIRTY-TWO

Omniscient

Carlos laid in the bed, arms wrapped securely around Aaliyah as she slept.

It had taken her a while to allow herself to fall asleep but being 8 months pregnant it wasn't something she had full control over.

Her body needed the rest and she had to get all the sleep she could get before the baby got here.

However, with the events that had taken place resulting with her brother being in a comma, she had a lot on her mind.

After Alonzo was rushed to the hospital after being shot, it's no surprise that Aaliyah took that hard. 

Shifting in the bed, she began groaning in pain.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Carlos asked. Concern in his voice as he spoke.

Sitting up, Aaliyah hugged her stomach trying to cease the pain.

"It's time?" He asked sitting up as well, rubbing her back soothingly.

"It's still too early. It can't be." She winced.

"Babe what you need me to do?"

"Just, lay with me." She said laying back down with her back to his front and his arms holding her stomach in his hands as he laid with her occasionally kissing the side of her face.

Carlos held her until she finally fell back asleep, which he then did too.

Mia has been spending most of her days and nights if not all, in the hospital room that Alonzo was admitted to.

She of course feels responsible for what happened to him and was determined to see and be there when he finally woke up.

She still couldn't understand why a total stranger would risk their life to save hers. She barely knew him and while he was barely hanging onto his life, she was perfectly fine. 

Just a few minor injuries but nothing compared to the position that he's in because of her.

She had just came back from getting something to eat after being forced by her mother to take her black ass to get something to eat. Even though they spoke over the phone, Mia's mom still has the ability to make her do certain things.

Mia knew that her mother was right. She needed to feed herself before she ended up sick and she couldn't afford to be anymore sick then she was right now.

Placing her bag with the food in one of the tables in the room, Mia made her way over to the bed looking down at Alonzo helplessly thinking to herself that she shouldn't have called his number. Then he'd still be here. 

But the question is: Would she still be here, had she not call him?

Now we'll never know. Without noticing, she was now sitting on the edge of the bed hold his left hand in hers as tears rolled down her face. She bent her head to rest her forehead on the back of his hand sniffling lightly.

"I'm so sorry, please come back." She says sobbing. Clutching his hand tighter, not ever wanting to let him go.

Just then Mr. And Mrs. Cole walked in the door, heartbroken at the sight before them. Mrs. Cole sighs softly making her way over to the broken young lady resting her right hand on Mia's back.

Mia's crying ceased and then she looked up at the person who had just touched her. Eyes wide open in shock. She stood up straight as fast as her body would allow and began apologizing.

"I'm so sorry! I was just looking at him and-" She began rambling on.

"Oh shush, chile. Come here." Mrs. Cole says sending her a reassuring smile.