TWELVE

I knew I should've talked him out of this stupid fight harder. I should've never let him do it.

Shit, who am I kidding? If he wanted to do he would've done it regardless, which is EXACTLY what happened.

Sitting in this hospital room and looking at him in that hospital bed. Lip busted, left eye swollen he can't even open it. His torso is wrapped up to keep his ribs in place.

I stood over him observing him and trying solemnly hard not to burst into tears. I caressed his face a little as a tear runs down my face. I catch it before it can get any further and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek.

It's only been three days since we've been in the hospital but I swear it felt longer. Carlos been real irritable and I understand why, I just really wanna take my man and get the hell on up outta here.

The doctor came by about an hour ago to check his vitals and make sure his medicine was working and not wearing off to fast. Apart from his head ache, eye ache broken ribs and all that other painful stuff, he was a little bright at the fact that we'd be leaving today.

"You ready to go home baby?" He just nodded his head not looking at me. 

I sighed. "Alright lets go." He was given a wheel chair when leaving the hospital because he still isn't cleared to walk on his own yet. On our way out the lobby, flashes was seen from outside the glass doors and windows of the ER. I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes completely annoyed by the sight in front of us.

Stopping Rico from pushing Carlos' wheel chair, I grabbed a pear of Ray Bands placing them on Carlos so the flashes of the annoying camera men wouldn't provoke him the way it is me.

Once we made it through that, the ride to his apartment was long with awkward silence. Just uncomfortable.

"I got it."He began walking to his door. I sighed at his attitude towards me.

"Just let me help-"

"I said I got it!" I flinched a little holding my head down I frowned but decided to put his stuff away and get him something to eat. "I'm sorry."

I just came back from getting him some chines and he was laying in his room watching T.V. I walked in announcing my arrival.

"I brought you food from that chines restaurant that you like."I placed his drink on his night stand and got his food ready to eat. "Let me talk to you for a sec." He said sitting up in the bed.

I ignored him.

"Come 'ere." He spoke.

I continued with his food, ignoring the feeling in the pit of my stomach at how much his words just affected me earlier. I was hurt. Disappointed.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you."He apologized.  

I stopped what I was doing closing eyes as I let his voice linger in my ears.

"Baby please look at me."He pleads.

I sighed and turned to face him. "Yes Carlos?"

"I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just..." He rubbed his hand down his face and hissed at the feeling of his throbbing eye.

"Shit that hurt." He chuckles I cracked a smile.

"Anyways, I was being a asshole to you when you was only trying to help me. I'm sorry and I appreciate you baby girl. I really do." He reached out to me and I gladly took it closing the space between us. I Sighed.

"I don't know what you feel, but I understand where you're coming from. You feel like the walls are caving in on you but it's not. And even if it was I wouldn't have went any where." I kissed his cheek.