TWENTY-FIVE

Thank you guys for your continuous support! Enjoy loves!

Alonzo in the media.
__

I got up from the couch feeling numb. I can't even shed any tears right now. I guess it hasn't registered yet.

I feel myself getting light headed just after there was a knock on the door.

I walked over to the door slowly still feeling the slight chance of fainting. I open the door.

"Hey, it's been a while since I've seen you. Thought I'd come check up on you." He said.

Just as I was about to respond everything went black.

___

I woke up to the sounds of machines and whispers. I began to open my eyes then winced at the bright light.

"You're awake. I'll go get your doctor." Alonzo said before leaving the room.

Seconds later him and doctor Wyatt returned to the room.

"Hi there you scared us a little bit hun. How do you feel?" She asked me.

"I feel fine can I go? Is my baby okay?" I asked in panic sitting up.

I felt Alonzo's eyes on me causing me to glance at him.

"Your baby is fine but you are not Ms. Cole. Your blood pressure is high and you had a panic attack which almost caused your baby to stop breathing because you couldn't control your breathing. You need to take care of yourself if you want a healthy baby. I recommend bed rest."

I stared at her shocked.

"Bed rest?" Was all I could say right now.

"Yes. You can leave today but someone needs to stay at home with you to ensure nothing happens but if something does happen you wouldn't be alone. Do you understand me?"

I nodded and laid back down in the bed. She then left the room.

"Are you hungry?" Alonzo asked.

I turned to face him.

"I am actually. This baby will eat my damn intestines if it got the chance." I huffed causing him to chuckle.

"What do you want to eat? We can pick it up on the way to your apartment." He suggested grabbing his phone and keys off the table next to my bed.

"You don't have to do that."

He smiled and said, "I've missed enough of your life and lost so many chances to help you, let me do this. I want to do this."

I looked at him in adoration and nodded.

"Okay, but don't I have to sign the discharge papers first though?" My face has a look of confusion.

"I already signed them since I'm the one who brought you here and I'm your brother so I can." He smiled at me.

I returned it. "Come on sis let's feed my niece and nephew."

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Excuse me? It's only one bun in this oven." I huffed getting off the bed slowly.

He burst into laughter like that's funny.

"I'm just messing with you sis."

I laughed at his corny behavior and proceeded to leave the hospital.

___

"Ugh, that burger tasted like heaven." I moaned in satisfaction.

He looks at me amused.