EIGHT

Running a little lap around the park, Aaliyah does her usual cardio workout with a lot of things running through her mind.

Slowing down, she checks her phone whilst jogging slowly unaware of the person vastly approaching her. Also not paying attention to the person in front of him, the two collided sending Aaliyah's phone flying out of her hands and him falling on top of her, booting heads.

They groaned in agony, Aaliyah laid in the grass with her eyes shut tightly and hisses when she feels a massive head ache coming up.

Realizing a heavy weight still laying on her, the guy looks up and she furrowed her eyebrows as she spoke,

"Marcus?" He got up off of her, helping her up.

"I'm sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going." He apologized, holding her hands a little longer than he should have.

"It's fine, it's my fault as well. No worries." She assured him.

Silence fell upon them and he couldn't help but to gaze into her eyes. She was stunningly beautiful but he shook the thought out of his head remembering his insecure girlfriend.

Clearing his throat, he let go of her hands and just stared at her.

"Um, why are you staring at me like that?" She asked feeling uneasy under his gaze.

"Uh no reason."

"So, uh what brought you here?" He adds.

"I was doing my usual cardio workout. I do it whenever I have the time too. You?"

"Usual workout." He shrugs.

"Okay, well it was nice talking to you." Aaliyah dismissed their conversation. Not wanting to cause problems for the young man's relationship. It was obvious that his girlfriend had a problem with him talking to other females.

"Wait, hold up." He gently grabbed her arm catching her attention.

"We should hang out sometime-"

She sighed, shaking her head.

"I don't think that's a good idea,"

"Why not?"

She looked at him like he was crazy.

"Do you really have to ask that?"

He frowned then sighed.

Nodding his head, "You're right, my bad. But just as friends though."

"I wouldn't want that myself so we can't be friends Marcus, sorry."

She stated walking away, this time he let her walk away.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

After finding my phone, I called it a day and headed back home.

I decided to get some things from the grocery store to prepare lunch for Ash and I.

Walking through the aisles I decided to get the ingredients to make Hot Cheetos baked chicken with a pasta and steam vegetables.

After I got everything, I paid and left the grocery store.

Pulling up into the apartment complex, I grabbed the bags from the passenger seat and locked the car up.

Upon making it inside I heard laughing. Sounds like a male's voice.

The hell?

I walked completely into the apartment and saw Ashley and this guy from the university, Lucas I believe was his name.