002. In the Wrong Places

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TwoIn the Wrong Places╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Two
In the Wrong Places
╘══════════════════╛

     WHEN TORI ARRIVED HOME, HER MOTHER'S CAR WAS STILL GONE which meant that her mother was working a double shift. She pulled her keys out of her bag and stuck the house key into the lock and twisted it until she heard a click. She pushed the door open and once she was inside, she closed the door and locked it. Her footsteps echoed throughout the empty house as she ascended up the stairs where her bedroom was. She untied the laces of her ankle boots and slipped her feet out of them with ease and put them in the closet. She walked over to her bed and put her bag down on the pillow and crawled on top of the soft lavender duvet.

     The math homework in her bag only seemed to make her want to ignore it even more but since she already went to summer school to keep her from having to repeat her sophomore year, she did not want to go through it all over again so she internally groaned as she decided to tackle the math homework first and just get it over with. By the time had finished the math homework alone, her head was already throbbing and she felt even more tired than she was earlier. She would have no problem doing her biology and chemistry homework but at that moment, all she wanted was to sleep for a while before getting back to it. Her phone buzzed on her nightstand and she lazily reached out for it and checked her messages to see that her mother had texted her to tell her that she was bringing home Chinese food. Tori put her phone back down and sat up to put her math homework back into her bag and then decided to do the biology work and then chemistry.

     By the time Tori was finished everything, she let herself drop backwards onto her bed and closed her eyes. Her body felt limp and her head throbbed from the last few hours of homework. And just as she was about to take a nap, she heard the door slam very loudly and in that moment she knew that her mother was home. She moaned in frustration as she forced herself to sit up and put her stuff back in her bag. Her sock clad feet made contact with the plush grey carpeted floor and headed downstairs where her mother was waiting with a bag of Chinese takeout.

     "Get it while it's still hot," her mother said as she put the bag down on the table.

     Tori grabbed a plate and a fork and started loading it with food. Although she felt tired, she knew that her mother was probably exhausted from working a double shift so she straightened up and pretended as if she wasn't affected.

     "So Tori, how was school?" her mother asked.

     "It was alright. Me and Cheryl stopped at Pop's for milkshakes after," Tori said before sticking a forkful of chicken fried rice into her mouth.

     "Listen hun, I know you like having a friend but the Blossoms might not be the place you want to look for one," her mother said.