042. A Town of Mysteries

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Forty-TwoA Town of Mysteries╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Forty-Two
A Town of Mysteries
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI GOT TO SCHOOL EARLY AND TONI RAN INTO HER WHILE WEARING HER SERPENT JACKET, leaving Tori very confused. She remembered very clearly that the Southside students were forbidden to wear their jackets or show their tattoos and if they did, they would be immediately suspended from school grounds.

     "Toni, what are you doing? Do you want to get suspended?" Tori asked in a panic.

     "No one is getting suspended. Archie came up with an idea," Toni said while smiling and holding up a leather jacket with the Serpent logo on the back. "Put this on."

     Tori was hesitant but put on the jacket anyway. It felt weird for her to wear a Serpent jacket when she wasn't even a Serpent but Toni continued to brush off her worries. When the both of them walked into the school, everyone was wearing a Serpent jacket and Tori was even more confused than she was before.

     "I knew it. I'm dead," Tori said while looking at everyone who had a Serpent logo on their backs.

     "No, you're very much alive and things are gonna start to change around here," Toni said while laughing and wrapping her arm around Tori's shoulder.

     Everyone gathered around the main office and Principal Weatherbee walked out. He looked confused but he also didn't look very happy to see every student in the school, Northside and Southside breaking his rule about Serpent jackets.

     "What is the meaning of this?" he asked.

     "To show support, sir. For the Southsiders who are being wrongfully transferred out of our school," Archie said. "Everyone is ready to walk out, Principal Weatherbee."

     "Any student who walks out better keep walking because they'll be expelled," Weatherbee stated boldly.

     "Weatherbee," Tori said loudly and everyone turned to look at her. "Do you remember what I said the day the Southside students were transferred here? When one of the Bulldogs spray painted the Serpent logo on the school seal and framed the Southside students and you wrongfully punished them for something they didn't do? When you forbid them to wear their jackets, show their tattoos and be who they are?"

     "What is your point, Miss Alvarez?"

     "You were discriminating against our Southside students who wanted nothing more than to get the proper education their school couldn't give them. They didn't choose to come to Riverdale High, but you chose to follow along with this town's biased beliefs about them instead of giving them the chance to be more than what everyone in this town portrays them as."