020. A Game of Truth

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TwentyA Game of Truth╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twenty
A Game of Truth
╘══════════════════╛

     TONI AND TORI CHANGED INTO THE RIVER VIXEN PRACTICE UNIFORMS that were given to them when they entered the change room and walked into the gym. Tori's dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail that rested against her back that was covered by the white and yellow t-shirt she wore. The cool air of the air conditioning in the spacious room brushed against her legs that were exposed by the black shorts and a chill went down her spine when she saw the amount of girls dressed in the same practice uniform. She internally questioned why she finally gave into Cheryl's persuasions to join the River Vixens and why she decided to learn an entire routine in an hour on the same day of tryouts.

     When Cheryl saw Tori dressed in the practice uniform standing right next to Toni, she smiled that her friend had finally agreed to give the cheerleading team a shot after all those years of denying her persuasions. The other girls gathered around and Cheryl stood in front of them with a smile on her face as she scanned the group of girls.

     "Welcome, River Vixens and those who would like to join. Tryout students will perform their routine either solo or with a partner and the current River Vixens, including myself will be the judges," Cheryl chirped while clapping her hands together with a wide smile gracing her bright red lips. "Who's first?"

     "We are," Toni said while raising her hand and grabbing Tori's arm. "Me and Tori would like to go first."

     Tori tried to find the words to speak up against the idea but Toni had already prepared the song and placed the disk into the CD player.

     "Toni, I don't know if I can do this," Tori whispered quiet enough so none of the other girls could hear her.

     "Yes, you can. Just follow me and give it your all," Toni said reassuringly.

     Tori only nodded as she stood in front of the group of girls with enough space between them so she and Toni could move around as Cheryl's finger hovered over the PLAY button on the CD player. When Toni shortly nodded her head, Cheryl pressed the button and the music bounced off the walls of the nearly empty and very spacious gym. Both girls started moving their arms and and their hips to the beat and Tori was praying that none of the moves slipped her mind as they did the routine. Her muscles screamed from the repeated movements within the last few hours and begged for her to stop but she kept going. The other girls watched the dance with such intensity that none of them realized the smile on Cheryl's face.

     She would never let the other girls or anyone else know, but she was glad that they were both trying out for the team. After so long of trying to convince Tori to join the River Vixens, she finally agreed and was doing a routine with Toni, another person that Cheryl was happy to have at the tryouts to join the squad.