036. Town Hall Shootout

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-SixTown Hall Shootout╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Six
Town Hall Shootout
╘══════════════════╛

     ALL TORI WANTED TO DO WAS GO HOME AND FORGET EVERYTHING THAT HAD JUST HAPPENED. Toni parked the truck at the curb right in front of Tori's house and Tori took off her seatbelt.

     "Look Toni, I'm really sorry you had to find out about that," Tori said.

     "You found out the truth," Toni said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "You guys should make sure that Fangs and MF are still alright. Jughead and McCoy are still down at the station," Tori said.

     "What are you gonna be doing?" Sweet Pea asked.

     "Well, my mom wants us both to go to the mayoral debate tonight so I need to go inside and change," Tori said as she stepped out of the truck. Toni rolled down the window and Tori looked at the disappointed Serpent. "I'll text you guys later, alright?"

     "We'll give you all the updates," Sweet Pea said.

     Tori gave them both a quick goodbye before heading over to the door while Toni drove away. Once she was inside, the living room was empty and so was the kitchen. She went upstairs and she heard the water running in the bathroom and knocked on the door.

     "Mom?" she called.

     "Yeah, I'm almost done. You need to take a shower too before we go to the debate," her mother said loudly so she could hear her over the running water.

     "Okay," Tori said as she went to her room to find a change of clothes.

     She took out a pair of black jeans and a white blouse from her closet and laid them flat on her bed. She put her phone on the charger cord that was plugged in right by the nightstand and waited for her mother to finish in the shower.

     "Your turn," her mother said as she poked her head through the doorframe.

    Tori grabbed a towel and closed the bathroom door once she was inside. After she got in the shower, she was quick to wash her hair and rinse the soap suds from her body before getting out and drying her skin. As soon as she was back in her room, she put on the clothes she laid out and put on a pair of heeled ankle boots. She went back into the bathroom to dry and comb her hair and reapply her makeup to cover the eye circles that only seemed to be getting worse with each night where she barely slept. She grabbed her phone and went downstairs where her mother was waiting while making sure she had everything she needed.