008. A Quarter for a Song

╒══════════════════╕Chapter EightA Quarter gor a Song╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Eight
A Quarter gor a Song
╘══════════════════╛

     "WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND FLANNELS?" TORI ASKED SWEET PEA while they were sitting on the bleachers.

     "What is it with you and Hot Cheetos?" Sweet Pea retaliated.

     "Touché," she said.

     Tori offered some of the crunchy sticks to the taller Serpent boy and he reached his hand into the bag, pulling out a handful of red Cheetos. She picked up the large cup of mocha iced coffee that was sitting next to her on the bleachers and took a sip.

     "Thank you, for standing with us yesterday, even though it didn't work out the way it should've," Sweet Pea said before putting some Cheetos in his mouth.

     "Tradition dies hard. And even when people know the truth, they will still honour historical figures like General Pickens. Take Christopher Columbus for example. He was looking for India and ended up in North America and he was responsible for the massacre of all those Native Americans. But unfortunately, there are people who still believe that he is a hero who discovered America when in reality, he just got lost and massacred the people who were already living there and stole their land and they still named a holiday after him in his honour," Tori said. "Columbus Day is a lie just like Pickens Day."

     "It's like what Toni said to Jones, that's the whitewashing of history," Sweet Pea said while nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders and reaching into the bag for more Cheetos.

     "Yeah, well I say it sucks."

     "Ditto."

     Tori took a few more gulps of her iced coffee and set the bag of Cheetos between them. For a while they haven't been bickering, which was a relief and Sweet Pea managed to get accustomed to wearing clothes that didn't violate Riverdale High's dress code and still cover his Serpent tattoo.

     "Don't you get tired of wearing that itchy piece of cloth around your neck?" Tori asked.

     "Yes I do, but I am not looking for a suspension from Weatherbee," Sweet Pea said while scratching the tattoo under the cloth around his neck.

     "I could cover it up with concealer," Tori offered and raised the straw to her mouth and wrapped her lips around the plastic.

     "Man, every time I think that you couldn't help me out any more than you already did, you pull this shit," Sweet Pea said while groaning and leaning back.