033. Lack of Evidence

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-ThreeLack of Evidence╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Three
Lack of Evidence
╘══════════════════╛

     HANGING OUT WITH SWEET PEA DID EASE HER MIND IN THE SLIGHTEST OF WAYS and she didn't think about the things that worried her for the rest of the night. But when she got back to school the next day, those worries returned when she would see MF and Jughead and remember what kind of person their father was. She would see Reggie and Moose and other members of the Dark Circle and remember that they were going to keep interrogating people until they got the answers they wanted. The fact that Reggie even thought for a second that she would be petty enough to kill Midge over a misunderstanding between her and Cheryl was just ridiculous to her. Of course she was hurt but she never even dreamed of killing Midge or anyone else for that matter.

     When Tori got to school, all she wanted to do was find her friends and get this day over with. When she found them by the bleachers where they sometimes hung out, she sat down next to Toni and Sweet Pea scoffed.

     "So, what am I?" he asked.

     "You're just mad because she likes me more," Toni said before sticking her tongue out like a child.

     "There's already one overgrown baby sitting with us right now, we don't need two more," Tori said while resting her chin in her hands with her elbows on her knees.

     "Hey!" Fangs said when he realized that Tori was talking about him. Toni and Sweet pea laughed at the look on Fangs' face and Tori let out a few chuckles herself. "Screw this, I'm gonna go find MF."

     "Bye, Fangs," Tori said as she watched him walk away.

     "Is that your payback for all those times he made fun of your height?" Sweet Pea asked.

     "Well to be fair, he's not exactly a giant himself so he shouldn't be the one to talk about my height and size," Tori said while shrugging her shoulders. "And quite honestly, I just came up with that one the spot."

     "Who uses 'overgrown baby' for an insult?" Toni asked.

     "If I wanted you to lecture me about my comebacks I would've signed up for classes," Tori said while glaring at the pink haired girl sitting right next to her.

     "If you two ladies are done bickering, I'd like to get to class before I get another detention for being late," Sweet Pea said as he grabbed his bag and stood up.

     The three of them walked down the bleachers and across the field so they could make their way to class. The hallways were filled with students trying to get to class on time yet there were a few who didn't seem to care as much as others did.