017. An Inevitable Loss

╒══════════════════╕Chapter SeventeenAn Inevitable Loss╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Seventeen
An Inevitable Loss
╘══════════════════╛

     RIGHT AFTER LAST PERIOD, TORI STOPPED AT HER LOCKER and grabbed all of her things and stuffed them in her messenger bag that was decorated with a collection of pins and buttons. One of her favourites was the black and white button with David Bowie as the Goblin King from one of her favourite movies, Labyrinth. It was a big adventure filled with mythical creatures and riddles and magic and great music that made her want to dance along with the characters as if she was one of them. Another favourite was one that had the album cover of Michael Jackson's Dangerous album as it had some of her favourite songs features on it, especially the one song that even got her into the artist in the first place after being featured on the soundtrack of another movie she enjoyed to watch.

     "Nice collection."

     Tori smiled when she saw Toni standing right next to her locker.

     "Thanks. My mom got me some of them for my birthday and others I bought from this store I found that sells old stuff," Tori said as she closed her locker and adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

     "Like a vintage store?" Toni asked.

     "More like a thrift store but I would say vintage too," Tori said.

     "You like vintage?"

     "Have you seen some of the clothes and the outfits that I wear?"

     "You should take me there some time," Toni said while laughing at how Tori answered her question with a question. "And then one day, you need to show me your wardrobe and let me pick out an outfit for you."

     "Alright, alright," Tori said while chuckling at the pink haired Serpent's eagerness. "So I was thinking you, me and Cheryl could hang out at Pop's and just talk. I got upset with Cheryl for not telling me about her fight with MF and I just want to forget about it and move on."

     "Hey, if you ever need emotional support, let me know." Toni said. Tori only chuckled as Toni gave her shoulder a pat. "And yes, I would like to hang out at Pop's with you and Cheryl."

     The two girls walked down the hall towards the exit and ended up meeting MF along the way.

     "Hey, MF. We're heading to Pop's with Cheryl, I don't know if you wanna join us and I can tell Cheryl to at least try and be civil," Tori said, putting the offer on the table. "If you don't want to come because of Cheryl, that's totally up to you but I just thought it wouldn't hurt to offer."