034. Dark Circle Madness

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-FourDark Circle Madness╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Four
Dark Circle Madness
╘══════════════════╛

     IT FELT LIKE SHE COULD LOSE HER MIND AND GO CRAZY at any minute but she was trying not to. Fangs was arrested, the Dark Circle couldn't seem to leave the other Serpents alone and Cheryl was being way more passive aggressive than ever and Tori didn't know how she was going to deal with it all. At the moment, Tori was waiting outside of the school for her mother to pick her up. After she heard about what happened to Fangs and MF, she was instructed to wait outside until she got there and that was what Tori was doing. She wondered how they were able to get a new sheriff so fast and the first thing he did was arrest two innocent people to satisfy the town's anger and calls for justice for the young girl. Little did they know that there wasn't going to be any justice if someone was convicted for Midge's murder when they had nothing to do with it.

     When Tori's mother arrived in the parking lot, she grabbed her stuff and fastened her seatbelt once she was inside the car.

     "You don't actually believe that they did it, do you?" her mother asked while Tori leaned her head to the side.

     "Not one bit. The only reason they're being accused and arrested is because this town wants someone to blame. And what better scapegoat than two Serpents?" Tori asked and sighed heavily.

     When they got home, Tori didn't know what to do. A friend of hers was being imprisoned for something he didn't do, MF was somehow roped into it when there was nothing that she knew about that could lead the police to the theory that she was involved and the Dark Circle still didn't seem satisfied with the two Serpents going down for it.

     "I'm gonna get started on dinner soon," Selena said and Tori nodded.

     While her mom was in the kitchen, she went upstairs to her room and sat down on her bed. Her bag rested right beside her leg as she used her toes to slip her shoes off and ran her fingers through her hair. She didn't want to let those two be punished for something they weren't involved in but she also didn't know what she could possibly do to help them. Sheriff Minetta already made it very clear that it didn't matter what she said, he was still going to hold them accountable. She grabbed her phone and dialed Toni's number to find out if she heard anything about Fangs and MF yet.

     "Tori?" Toni asked from the other end.

     "Toni, please tell me you heard something," Tori said as her knee bounced impatiently.

     "No one has gotten a call from any of them since they were arrested," Toni said. "If I heard anything, I would've called you to let you know what was happening."

     Tori sighed as she lied back and closed her eyes tightly for a few seconds before opening them again.

     "They didn't do it, Toni. I just know they didn't do it," she said as she stared at the ceiling.

     "Just try to get some sleep and I'll call you if I hear anything," Toni said.

     The conversation was cut short and Tori put her phone face down on the nightstand. She took out a pair of black lounge shorts and a grey spaghetti strap and left them folded on top of her bed. She grabbed a towel from the closet right beside the bathroom and closed the door once she was inside. She tossed the folded towel onto the closed toilet seat and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She wiped the concealer from her face and the dark circles under her eyes were more evident than she remembered from the last few hours.

     The water was warm against her skin as she sat in the corner of the tub with her body curled up into a ball. Her hair was matted against her skin as the water hit her body and she didn't even have the energy to move. Her mind was becoming more foggy as her eyes closed but she jumped in surprise when she heard a knock on the door.

     "Dinner's ready," her mother said from outside and Tori sat up straight.

     "Okay, I'll be down soon," she said.

     She heard her mother's footsteps fading away and she turned the water off. Once she stepped out and wrapped herself in the towel, she went back to her room and put on the clothes she had laid out prior to her shower and combed the knots out of her damp hair before heading downstairs.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

     "HOW THE HELL DID ARCHIE NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS DARK CIRCLE GANG GOING CRAZY on the Southside last night?" Tori asked while looking at Toni and Sweet Pea as they stood outside the police station waiting for Jughead.

     "Apparently he wasn't there. It was all Mantle and that idiot is also taking over the whole group altogether," Sweet Pea said with his arms crossed.

     "That definitely can't happen," Tori said.

     Toni scoffed, "It already did cause according to Archie, they're getting paid by Hiram Lodge to keep it together."

     The name struck a chord in her chest and the man's face appeared in her mind and all she wanted to do was punch it. He put a lot of families through hell, hers included and he got away with it all because he had money in his pocket. And then he comes to Riverdale to put more people through hell for his own selfish purposes.

     "On another note, is there anyone in the station with Fangs and MF right now? Someone besides Jughead and someone who could try and help them out?" Tori asked.

     "Jughead said that he was able to get McCoy over to represent both of them," Sweet Pea said.

     "And you trust her?"

     "At this point, what choice do we have?"

     Tori thought about the whole situation and then something came to her mind.

     "We all know they arrested Fangs because he was with Midge that night and he had a knife on him on school grounds, but does anyone know what MF has to do with any of this and why she was arrested?" Tori asked.

     "Beats me," Toni said while shrugging her shoulders. Tori looked at the building and started walking to the entrance but Toni grabbed her arm. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

     "We don't know how long they're going to be in there and I doubt that Fangs and MF trust McCoy enough to give her every single detail since she was the one who raided your school," Tori said.

     "And you think they'll trust you? Fangs might trust you but what about MF?" Toni whispered.

     "Well at this point, it's worth a shot. Just wait here and I'll be out as soon as possible," Tori said.

     "Talking to Fangs and MF shouldn't be a problem. I'm more worried about how you're gonna get passed the police if they know about your family history," Sweet Pea said.

     "Well, they can't hold anything against me because I haven't done anything," Tori said. "I'll be right back."

     Toni let go of Tori's arm and she soon disappeared into the police station where she was going to try to get her own answers instead of waiting painfully for someone else to give them to her.