030. The Stress of Death

╒══════════════════╕Chapter ThirtyThe Stress of Death╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty
The Stress of Death
╘══════════════════╛

     HOW WAS IT THAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS ABLE TO ACT AS IF NOTHING WAS WRONG yet Tori found it even harder to focus? If everybody knew what she knew, would they also find it hard to focus or would they still be able to carry on as if it was a normal day? The problem was that nothing was normal in Riverdale and Tori knew it. The whole day, it was like she was a mindless drone just going to class to sit and wait so she could go to the next class to sit and wait to go to the next one until the day was over.

     Her phone vibrated in her pocket as she was walking to her locker and pulled it out to see what it was. The first thing she noticed on the screen was a text message from Toni and she unlocked her phone to send a response.

     Toni:   Me and Fangs are heading to Pop's. Wanna come?

     Going to the diner was the last thing on Tori's mind but she figured why not? She sighed as she stopped at her locker and typed a quick response to send to Toni.

     Tori:   Okay.

     Tori's phone vibrated again and it was a response from Toni. That was fast, she thought to herself as she opened the message.

     Toni:   Meet us at Pop's.

     She put her phone back in her pocket and put her textbooks in her locker. Once she shut the door, she started heading towards the exit but she didn't get far before running into Cheryl.

     "Guess what?" Cheryl asked.

     "I got nothing," Tori said while shrugging her shoulders after taking a moment to think.

     "After that speech I gave at Midge's funeral that came from the bottom of my heart, Mrs. Lodge has asked me to give my thoughts on this case for the Riverdale Register tomorrow," the redhead said.

     "Wow, that's great, Cheryl. I'll be sure to read the morning paper tomorrow morning," Tori said while smiling encouragingly.

     "Thank you so much. I know you'll agree with everything I have to say," Cheryl said. "And where are you heading?"

     "I'm meeting up with Toni and Fangs."

     "I wish I could tag along but I have to get my piece for the Register ready. Tell Tee Tee I said hi."

     "Will do."

     Cheryl walked past her and Tori sighed as she left the school and started walking to Pop's where she agreed to meet Toni and Fangs. Although she talked to Toni quite frequently, she couldn't really say the same about Fangs and they were both her friends. Once she got to the diner, she looked around to find Toni and Fangs. As soon as she spotted them sitting in a booth, she headed over to them and sat down next to Toni.